Topic: How do I establish my village?  (Read 6060 times)

Morcalvin

« on: September 13, 2023, 11:04:30 PM »
I’ve got a cabin built right on a river with rapids within easy walking distance. In the large map it now says the tile is my village? So how do I grow it? Also, I haven’t been able to find any normal villages at all so I don’t have any metal tools which is making everything take much longer than it would with them, is there any advice in finding npc villages?

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 05:07:38 AM »
Check the in-game map F6 to see nearest cultural areas. Close to middle of those square bubbles: you’ll find villages and settlements. Sometimes you find Forester villages in the no-man’s-land too.

Your settlement is what you build it to be. It won’t be a village.
(Maybe later with reintroduction of marriage?)

Sotimieli

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 11:13:43 AM »
Here's something I did to achieve something similiar: I found a settlement that only had one old man living there. I moved there for a while, and due to some misunderstandings, my dogs killed the old man. I then started gathering woodsmen and hunters who had fallen in forest cover, and guided them to this settlement, wich now was mine. After they settled there, they seem to keep roaming nearby and popping in and out of the settlement, lighting fires etc. They aren't much help apart from trading the occasional fur from them, but it kind of feels like my settlement has someone living there, or at least considering it their home.

anything