Topic: The forced drop should tell us what we drop  (Read 3222 times)

Brygun

« on: June 14, 2023, 01:18:17 AM »
Having established a homestead with crops, food stocks and mounds of craft supplies I get hit by the too many item thing a lot. Like once or twice per game session if im near the homestead.

Sometimes Im standing on top of things when it happens. For example my house has a tile where tools and materials are kept. I stand there when crafting.

At least lately the drops have been food. It is however possible for it to drop important tools like a shovel, travel medicines and so on. When Im on a pile of many things its an annoying puzzle to figure out if Im kitted out for a trip.

Right now Im having trouble finding Calle's iron headed shovel and worried that a force drop I might not have noticed plopped it out in the woods some random spot.

I would like it if when the force drop is firing off that it tells us what it drops.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 01:24:23 AM by Brygun »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 02:57:58 AM »
Heads up on what’s dropped would be nice indeed.

For the other part, I have dedicated spot in cabin for trade goods, another for spare arrows&bandages. One spot is for cooking, 2 spots for crafting goods: 1 for things I need to select: leather, yarn, arrowheads, slats and shafts, another spot for auto-select stuff like boards, blocks, feathers.
The very first spot inside the cabin is for travel/hunting gear. Get inside from a trip, weapons, arrows, extra pot and so on get dropped on that very spot. Go out trading, hunting or exploring, pick up the kit.
Working around the homestead, only carry knives and an axe or two if working timber.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 07:56:49 AM »
I stopped building traps around my homestead and my (unfortunately too close) farming area when I received clutter messages. I've since cleared up the area (an adventurer went on a wood cutting spree in the area, so I just had to collect all the trunks to build most of my homestead).

Regardless of that, my crafting layout is to have organized piles of "stuff" in 8 of the 9 tiles of my crafting cabin, with the center tile being free. That's where I craft, after dropping all the stuff carried (to reduce penalties). After crafting (range picking up materials if the crafting requires it in the inventory) I walk to the appropriate tile and drop the results (I could drop and push instead, but I avoid pushing/pulling stuff after the incident where I tried to brush aside a pile of stacks of thousands or so feathers, getting blocked for hours for an activity that should have taken a minute), return back to the center, and pick up everything in that tile (as it is the stuff I dropped there before starting). The typical next step is to walk out to the rapids outside, check the weather (for training purposes), eat, drink, and return back in for a new cycle.