Topic: Agriculture Harvest  (Read 3633 times)

GrimmSpector

« on: April 26, 2023, 06:38:48 PM »
What's the difference between Harvest Down and Harvest and Pick?? Where should I be using each??

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 06:50:28 PM »
Harvest down leaves the crop on the ground, harvest and pick puts the crop into your inventory.  So using harvest and pick is quicker!

GrimmSpector

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 08:25:26 PM »
Harvest down leaves the crop on the ground, harvest and pick puts the crop into your inventory.  So using harvest and pick is quicker!

Seems odd to have an option to leave it on the ground, but maybe if you're really overladen or something.

Bert Preast

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 08:56:54 PM »
Originally the game left harvested crops on the ground.  It was changed recently to give the option to put them directly into the inventory, as farmers were complaining of massive RSI!

EDIT:  If you want an easy introduction to the game, you may want to look at my "Guide for the aspiring hunter" in the Guides & Tutorials forum here:

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6814.0

It's a bit powergamey I know, but it will teach most of the game and give you confidence to try a harder start the next time!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 09:04:29 PM by Bert Preast »

GrimmSpector

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 01:18:43 AM »
Originally the game left harvested crops on the ground.  It was changed recently to give the option to put them directly into the inventory, as farmers were complaining of massive RSI!

EDIT:  If you want an easy introduction to the game, you may want to look at my "Guide for the aspiring hunter" in the Guides & Tutorials forum here:

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6814.0

It's a bit powergamey I know, but it will teach most of the game and give you confidence to try a harder start the next time!

Thanks I'll take a look, there's a lot of changes since I last played, and much that once was known has been forgotten.

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2023, 02:27:28 AM »
Harvest down was left in place so existing method wasn’t removed.
And sometimes it’s beneficial to harvest, then thresh on the spot. (Wild harvest such as meadsweet can get heavy as whole plants.)

GrimmSpector

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 03:01:01 PM »
Harvest down was left in place so existing method wasn’t removed.
And sometimes it’s beneficial to harvest, then thresh on the spot. (Wild harvest such as meadsweet can get heavy as whole plants.)

Ah that makes sense. Hmm as spring approaches I'm going to have to reread how to deal with each plant lol.

anything