Topic: Game loading bug  (Read 4100 times)

XxYvngJermxX

« on: March 16, 2023, 05:13:36 AM »
I've been a huge supporter of this game since it came out and have loved every second of it. I recently decided to switch from the original download to the steam download edition and had no issues whatsoever. I decided to run the game today and had some issues. As the game initially loaded, some of the game plug-ins failed to load causing lingering text boxes from interactions, the home screen to not load properly, character creation window to be completely invisible showing only the black screen from the startup screen. When i loaded an old save, after doing interactions the crafting window and steps would continue to linger on my screen and the values such as encumbrance and temperature would appear in random areas of the right panel. I deleted all of my files including mods and uninstalled it then reinstalled everything (thinking my modding may be outdated for current standard) to no avail. Everything still isn't working. Any ideas for a solution?

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 05:38:02 AM »
From recent Steam thread with similar topic:
Sounds like new SDL library issues, as the 3.63 uses the old (and on some systems more reliable) libraries.

Firstly, please try disabling the audio from the game setup -> AUDIO: NO.
Then restart the game, and see if it helps.
If it does, then we can pinpoint this down to audio libraries failing - for a reason, not yet understood.

Hope that helps
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 09:58:02 AM »
I've been a huge supporter of this game since it came out and have loved every second of it. I recently decided to switch from the original download to the steam download edition and had no issues whatsoever. I decided to run the game today and had some issues. As the game initially loaded, some of the game plug-ins failed to load causing lingering text boxes from interactions, the home screen to not load properly, character creation window to be completely invisible showing only the black screen from the startup screen. When i loaded an old save, after doing interactions the crafting window and steps would continue to linger on my screen and the values such as encumbrance and temperature would appear in random areas of the right panel. I deleted all of my files including mods and uninstalled it then reinstalled everything (thinking my modding may be outdated for current standard) to no avail. Everything still isn't working. Any ideas for a solution?

As Privateer mentioned, this is likely related to the SDL libraries failing on your system combination.
Rare, but annoying issue which we can only fix by reverting back to more stable libraries.
Now there's a separate branch on Steam for players who encounter this sort of weirdness. Please try this, and report back if it cleared the issue for you:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/351700/discussions/1/3773490849753254197/
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything