Topic: Sauna start  (Read 2173 times)

Bert Preast

« on: November 16, 2022, 12:20:28 AM »
I am trying to make a sauna to complete that part of the advanced game course.  I have heated the fireplace from morning to evening, using some 60 firewood and 100 branches.  I stand in front of it butt naked with vasta in hand, but nothing allows me to apply a container of water to the fireplace to make it steam.

I have tried with mugs of water and a tub of water.  I know I have done this before but I can't remember how.  Anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Could it be something to do with the BAC mod which I have just started using?  Do I need to build a sauna stove rather than try and use the fireplace?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 12:22:34 AM by Bert Preast »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 12:52:01 AM »
 I think now you have to use sauna in settlement.
Not remember if "Sauna Stove" is currently makable.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Bert Preast

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 01:02:09 AM »
I can build a sauna stove via the building menu, but I have neither the room nor the stones for it!

The changelog and wiki state that a fireplace works for smoking and saunas, so it would be good to know if they are wrong.  It's also possible that I missed the time window to make steam, but I tried it every couple of hours and nothing.  I am now waiting for the fire to die to embers, and see if that works.

Edit:  Nope, can't chuck water on the embers either  :(

Edity edit:  I am using the 3.72 beta on Windows 10
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 01:08:37 AM by Bert Preast »

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 04:01:29 PM »
I’d recall since  sauna scoop/ladle was removed from game* that you need to adjacent to sauna stove then when you apply a water container there’s an option for getting some on the stones for steam. I’ve not checked if fireplace still works for steam.

*about moving to 3.7

Bert Preast

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 07:53:07 PM »
Task completed!

I had to dismantle my fireplace then build a sauna stove, which allowed me to chuck some water on it.

I shall make a bug report.

anything