Topic: Skin quality drop 2 levels from Superior, bug or intentional?  (Read 2302 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: June 28, 2022, 08:12:47 PM »
When tanning Superior skins, if the quality drops, within one task, it seems to always drop 2 levels to Decent.
As working on Fine skins, it doesn't ever seem to drop to Harsh; which leads me to believe the 2 level drop could be a bug.

(Fine broad knife, Hideworking 82)

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 11:00:32 PM »
I've noticed this as well, but I think it's working as intended.  Superior furs are perhaps the top 5%, fine furs the next 20%, decent the next 50%, so it is easy to drop from superior to decent but a larger drop is needed to go from fine to harsh.

Kouvostoliitto

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 08:12:23 AM »
I've noticed this as well, but I think it's working as intended.  Superior furs are perhaps the top 5%, fine furs the next 20%, decent the next 50%, so it is easy to drop from superior to decent but a larger drop is needed to go from fine to harsh.

I can't make superior quality fur.
Once it happened that the fortified village contained only birds and a snake. The bird was also inside the house. It seemed that the inhabitants had turned into birds.
Earlier I had attacked another fort village and shot people from the western wall.

anything