Topic: Warmth Damage and Penalties  (Read 2414 times)

Kyo

« on: April 18, 2022, 06:52:52 PM »
I was thinking, there's heatstrokes, and i thought, why not adding them in game, they would slowly fatigue you and make you thirstier, and if not treated like "Freezing" and "Freezing to Death" could lead to death or in this case, unconsciousness, as well as adding Burns, which would be treated with cold waters, "slight burn", "mild burn", "serious burn" and "severe burn".
Oh and last but not least, I just remembered, why not adding a little more hot warmth levels just like cold warmth levels have "numbingly cold" and "freezing, not sure exactly which ones would suit the hot warmth in this case, but I'd like to see more warmth levels.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 08:16:34 AM »
Over heating leads to heat stroke, but never burns, if we're talking outdoors in Finland.

Indoors is a different issue if we take that to mean in an overly hot sauna. There was a stupid competition a few years ago where the two last competitors in a "stay the longest in an overly hot sauna" competition resulted in one dying and the survivor having to be treated for burns.

I've tried having my overheating character get into freezing cold water, but it didn't work. The character immediately went to the numbing cold state.

I wouldn't mind heat stroke being introduced, though.

Kyo

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 06:09:42 PM »
Over heating leads to heat stroke, but never burns, if we're talking outdoors in Finland.

Indoors is a different issue if we take that to mean in an overly hot sauna. There was a stupid competition a few years ago where the two last competitors in a "stay the longest in an overly hot sauna" competition resulted in one dying and the survivor having to be treated for burns.

I've tried having my overheating character get into freezing cold water, but it didn't work. The character immediately went to the numbing cold state.

I wouldn't mind heat stroke being introduced, though.

I agree with what you said, I feel like it would be better the way you said it.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 04:52:06 AM »
I’d love to see Frostbite damage too; especially with uncovered hands and poorly covered feet.

(But foot rags should be craftable)

anything