Topic: Northern spear falls victim to suply chain disruptions?  (Read 2888 times)

KaumoHunter

« on: November 02, 2021, 05:59:13 PM »
I have checked 13 villages in Kuikka territory and 19 villages in Owl lands, peeked into every single tent, and there is not a single northern spear for sale. Has it always been this difficult to find them or am I looking in the wrong places? I do not recall them being that rare.

Northern knives are also in very short supply, I believe I have seen 1. Plenty of northern bows, though, including many fine ones, and one masterwork quality. Also, lots of hunters and adventurers are casually walking around with their northern spears dangling behind their back, but they are always of regular quality, so I would rather find a higher quality one for sale.

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 06:56:12 PM »
I have checked 13 villages in Kuikka territory and 19 villages in Owl lands, peeked into every single tent, and there is not a single northern spear for sale. Has it always been this difficult to find them or am I looking in the wrong places? I do not recall them being that rare.

Northern knives are also in very short supply, I believe I have seen 1. Plenty of northern bows, though, including many fine ones, and one masterwork quality. Also, lots of hunters and adventurers are casually walking around with their northern spears dangling behind their back, but they are always of regular quality, so I would rather find a higher quality one for sale.
This happens. When you are after a particular item, it is sometimes hard to find it. The only thing you can do is keep checking and if you somehow managed  to do a first-pass on all relevant villages, then take a pause and do a second pass a year later - you might get lucky then. And until then I would suggest buying the regular quality of the item you seek.

To improve the situation in the future,
1) I personally would like a review of item production and distribution code with a goal of increasing general item availability.
2) As a more substantial change, I back that suggestion I read in suggestions thread a while back prepaying a particular amount to get an item produced/obtained for you by a village craftsman. That would make life slightly easier for the player. Perhaps make it 250% cost but make it possible which reflects real life anyway as many items can be somehow arranged, if one is willing to pay a high price.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

KaumoHunter

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 08:03:31 PM »
Ok, for science I have scum saved to regenerate the same Kuikka village 15 times. During that experiment alone I have seen 16 northern bows before seeing the first northern spear. Overall, I must have seen about 40 northern bows before seeing the first spear in a shop. Pretty sure the spear spawn rate is set to quite a bit lower than that of the bows, since otherwise such a skewed distribution would be extremely unlikely.

anything