Topic: Assign hotkeys to items  (Read 2213 times)

Daxtfer

« on: September 14, 2021, 01:32:37 AM »
Is it possible to assign specific letters to items? Like, I want to have my fishing rod always be the letter "f" on item menus (drop menu, use menu, ...). So, regardless of the amount of items on my backpack, this item would override letter placement and always be the same letter.

Tks

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 01:01:44 PM »
Is it possible to assign specific letters to items? Like, I want to have my fishing rod always be the letter "f" on item menus (drop menu, use menu, ...). So, regardless of the amount of items on my backpack, this item would override letter placement and always be the same letter.

Tks
As far as I know, inventory alphanumerical characters is a dynamically produced menu and you cannot assign hotkeys yourself.

While currently it is not possible to do what you asked for, what is possible is working around the limitation by using two things one is the filters and the other one is pick-up time.

Filters
You can access your favourite item (fishing rod in this example) via the relevant subcategory like so:
Step #1: i (open inventory)
Step #2: tab (open 'filter inventory')
Step #3: t (filter for sub-category 'tools')
Step #4: a (fishing rod).

Pick-up Time Based List
A particular item appears under first letter 'a' because it is first in the order of pickup-time. This is the key to manually manipulating list-order (and thus alphanumerical auto-hotkey assignments). By dropping items and picking them back up you can manipulate the order they will appear within the filtered sub-category ('tools' category in this case).

Have a play with it and see if it helps...
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Daxtfer

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 12:00:48 AM »

Tks
As far as I know, inventory alphanumerical characters is a dynamically produced menu and you cannot assign hotkeys yourself.

While currently it is not possible to do what you asked for, what is possible is working around the limitation by using two things one is the filters and the other one is pick-up time.

Filters
You can access your favourite item (fishing rod in this example) via the relevant subcategory like so:
Step #1: i (open inventory)
Step #2: tab (open 'filter inventory')
Step #3: t (filter for sub-category 'tools')
Step #4: a (fishing rod).

Pick-up Time Based List
A particular item appears under first letter 'a' because it is first in the order of pickup-time. This is the key to manually manipulating list-order (and thus alphanumerical auto-hotkey assignments). By dropping items and picking them back up you can manipulate the order they will appear within the filtered sub-category ('tools' category in this case).

Have a play with it and see if it helps...

Thanks! It it not exactly what I wanted, but your two workaround tips worked for me!

anything