Topic: Angry Water Spirits  (Read 6312 times)

PALU

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2021, 02:22:03 PM »
Yes, that's bad. Unless you're fishing with nets you frequently just get one fish (after trying full time for multiple attempts without any luck). Since it can't be cut up into fillets, there is no way to sacrifice some of it unless you reduce its size with your teeth, and you need to be starving to eat raw fish, I think (and even then, I've roasted it first).

A fishing rod increases the chances of both getting multiple fish and getting small fish (you don't really want to waste a whole salmon, even if you were lucky enough to get two), but you only get big fish in rapids, I believe.

I've given up trying to sacrifice fish on the same day as meat, so it's been either one or the other, but it's been roasted fish.

Plotinus

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 08:28:56 AM »
I'd never sacrifice a whole salmon, yeah.

In the next version (and already in this version if you use some mods) you'll be able to make your own fishing rod. Starvation doesn't count against you with a fishing rod the way it does with club fishing so that's the way to go even if sometimes you only get tiny fish.

If I'm not doing any fishing at all then the water spirits don't get mad at me. They just want me to do some sacrificing if I'm actually doing fishing.