Topic: (Minor QoL) Remember last zoom level upon game launch plus savegame load  (Read 4332 times)

ineedcords

« on: December 16, 2020, 01:07:36 AM »
Hi,

Currently (v.3.63) on Windows
a) Launching the game (from desktop), then loading a savegame results in loss of player's previously active zoom level setting (i.e.: game starts with default zoom level of maximum zoom in).
b) If savegame was played for a bit, then player backs out to main menu, and finally re-loads a savegame at that point zoom level is retained.
Based on the above, it appears zoom level setting is stored in memory but not written to disk.

I acknowledge this is a small QoL thing and not urgent in anyway. Having said that, I think it would be a small improvement if zoom level is stored on disk and retained every time.

Thanks
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 02:55:32 PM »
Yes, it’s true the zoom level isn’t saved with the character, and there are quite many other interface related things as well that don’t get saved. These are mostly things that have came along long after the early character structures were defined. It doesn't harm to add zoom level to savedata so I'll see about taking care of this.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything