Topic: Njerpez War camp?  (Read 7340 times)

Privateer

« on: December 10, 2020, 04:23:14 AM »
 So I just loaded up and decided to go to town.
I hit enter and F6 to see what town I want to go to and I find this!?

Now this spot was not there when I played yesterday
as I had gone well north and back south over about 6 days.

I'll need to go home for a water craft to investigate this area.
I've had this character for about 4 rl years so I don't mind saying,
 that for the first time in a very long time I'm a bit nervous :D

Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 05:04:35 AM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 05:01:52 AM »
Nice!

And grab a couple fellows to join you.

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:25:14 AM »
Nice!

And grab a couple fellows to join you.

That would have been a good idea. I was over confident with 3 dogs ^_^;
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 12:05:12 PM »
I would at least have started by scouting from a water craft, in which case both dogs and companions would be more of a hindrance than help.

Anyway, thanks for showing the war camp indication (and sorry for your character, who'd apparently lived at half pace, with two unreal years passed over four real ones).

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 08:38:01 PM »
 No worries about the toon, though I didn't backup the save, I do have other older copies of the save from 3.3, 3.4,3.5 versions.
Some of those have longer life spans as the "Njerpez camp" appeared in this save from my Steam version of the game.

Once I had 'spotted' it (Note: it did not tell me that I saw a settlement) Saw it after resting in a fishing shelter I have nearby when I hit F6

Found a lone Njerpez warrior at the edge of the clearing (Should have probably run at this point)

I sneaked up but only saw one wooden structure, though the clearing looked large.

I think I killed 3 before I took a 39% spear to the neck, then things got hectic and someone got behind me, the engaged count was 5 and a steam of 3 were still flowing down from the North.

I would have probably been disappointed if it would have ended any other way.  ;) ;)
Mods:

Labtop 215

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 09:01:02 PM »
Yea, I've noticed that they start to appear about a year in.  They are still really rare though.

Brygun

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
IF you should go in the woods today,
you better go in disguise,
for every Nerj that ever there was,
is gathering there for today is the day
The nerjpez have their picnic!

JP_Finn

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 05:37:45 AM »
Yea, I've noticed that they start to appear about a year in.  They are still really rare though.

One of my characters is on second year with 60+ Njerpez killed. No camp yet. But I put that guy on standby for now. Started on the west coast. We’ll see what if I can make a Njerpless run. (They boost wealth like crazy)

Privateer

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 08:44:49 AM »
 They're Back!

Loaded a year old (2019 last change) version of the same toon. He had slightly more playtime than his steam version.

On my way to check the Southern traps and uh oh! Njerpez again. This is a different spot than the other save.

Mods:

Brygun

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 10:45:18 AM »

Privateer

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 07:26:43 PM »
 This time I just went home, Honey will be available at that yellow 'X' in about a week, and Ugh needs to get drunk.  ;D
Mods:

Brygun

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 08:45:02 AM »
They just warcamp'ed on Tuukka.

That small purple circle wasn't there before!

Tuukka is moving up from the Remmi-Nerjpez great bay, up the great river network to the great inland lake (that the game always seems to generate on the world map).

I was debating which fork of a river to take northward so opened the world map. That purple circle overlaps his last camp! That wasn't there before! They built it the >same< night he was sleeping there!

Now... if he wants to go back to the south coast he has to pass through them.

Guess he has another life goal to clear that camp much, much later in the game.

Privateer

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 10:46:09 PM »

@Brygun Just curious (though it really shouldn't have any impact), Both of mine occurred while running the toon on Steam version.
Was yours on Steam or standalone?
Mods:

Brygun

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 11:52:46 PM »

@Brygun Just curious (though it really shouldn't have any impact), Both of mine occurred while running the toon on Steam version.
Was yours on Steam or standalone?

Im running the Steam version

Privateer

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2020, 08:50:46 PM »
 OK I'm starting to get a bit worried here..
I'm just peacefully trying to work on a Mythological/Fairytale mod and these guys are closing in on me.

Mods:

anything