Topic: Point and click start location  (Read 6757 times)

Buoidda

« on: November 03, 2020, 01:30:23 PM »
It would be nice to be able to choose start location more freely, for example on islands without having to choose Islander.

This would make it easier to make challenge scenarios more spesific. Or just to be able to start in an interesting place.

EDIT: Night has done excellent work and provided us with an external start location chooser:

Urw start location selector
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:45:58 PM by Buoidda »

Frostbit

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 05:32:36 PM »
I've been attempting the Island Challenge for awhile now and can't seem to land on small enough island to make it a real challenge. If not this, then it'd be nice if it were made into its own starting scenario so we wouldn't have to discard so many starts after finally discovering that we didn't land where we intended.

Night

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 10:03:26 PM »
Working on something that'll be able to achieve this, and hopefully more in the future.
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

Bert Preast

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:12:42 PM »
Being able to select the month you start in rather than just the season would be great too!

Brygun

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 01:30:17 AM »
I was also trying the island challenge.

It occurred to me that during creation the map can be zoomed and moved around. If random re-roll was kept to within the current viewable area of the map we'd have a good control over where while still having some randomness to it.

Night

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 10:30:50 AM »
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 10:03:00 PM »
It would be nice to be able to choose start location more freely, for example on islands without having to choose Islander.

Hmm. Maybe. Although I don’t consider this all too important.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Buoidda

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »
It seems @Night was a bit too modest here and @Sami missed it. Night indeed has done excellent work and provided us with an external start location chooser:

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 01:12:02 PM »
It seems @Night was a bit too modest here and @Sami missed it. Night indeed has done excellent work and provided us with an external start location chooser:

Yes, I've noticed the tool but in marathons I still reply to every suggestion. So, be there workarounds or not I still try to give even a little insight and take a moment to ponder the ideas.
- Sami | UnReal World creator