Topic: [3.63 - Steam] Bloodscape disappeared when loading next tile of zoom-in map  (Read 5129 times)

skyleaf

« on: September 16, 2020, 03:44:43 PM »
Shot a sow with a broadhead arrow and was following the trail of bloodscape. Waist deep snow, clear weather at noon in pine mire makes the trail can't be more obvious. My hounds went to chase the sow and I slowly trace the trail, until the loading map screen appear and suddenly all bloodscapes in front of me disappeared. And the barkings also stopped. I head towards the direction the sow ran and founded my hounds stop chasing the sow. They are no longer aggressive, but I think they should be? The wounded sow isn't really that far from that dogs, around one and a half screen further only. Don't know if the dogs stop chasing the sow is a bug or not, but I guess the blood suddenly disappeared is abnormal.

Update: Can confirm dogs also stop being aggressive when another tile of zoom-in map is loading, they just did that again right in front of me and return to me after I told them to chase another sow. I back up the save, let me know if it is needed :)

Another update: Bloodscape disappeared again even map tiles aren't loading, and I seriously don't know why this time. Photos attached.

Yet another update: Dogs stopped being aggressive and stop chasing sow even when they are just tile from the sow after zoom-in map loading/ buffering, right in front of me, photo attached.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:10:44 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »
Hmm. Both the mentioned incidents, dogs stopping the chase and bloodscapes vanishing just like that can happen without a bug too, but it's better to investigate this properly because it kind of smells buggy as it all seems to be related to map loading. Bloodscapes disappearing could be part of maintenances - it's a bit ugly system were they don't fade away, but just disappear when their time is up. But let's see, so please send the savegame by e-mail or put it available for download and I'll check it out.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

skyleaf

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 01:18:26 PM »
Sent :)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »
Got the save and managed to find these sows and cause bleeding injuries on them, and indeed the bloodscapes vanished pretty quickly. The reason was also found, it's because of map data maintenances. There are so many tracks at the area that upon map load (and when data limit is approaching) the game wipes out some markers it considers not-too-important, and in this cases bloodscapes are the kind.
So it's not a bug per se, but just too much data at these maps.
- Sami | UnReal World creator