Topic: Quality of Life improvement: drink from container on animal  (Read 5567 times)

ineedcords

« on: May 31, 2020, 10:49:09 PM »
Hi,

Just a quick QoL improvement suggestion please; allow us to drink from a container that is located on an owned animal which is standing on a neighbouring tile.
As you know, currently we do this:
  • Take container from animal.
  • Drink from container.
  • Drop container.
  • Push container on to animal.
This 4-step process is repeated too many times every (winter) day.

Thanks for this great game!
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Buoidda

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 05:45:17 PM »
I agree. Make that from ground or table as well.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 09:12:06 PM »
Just a quick QoL improvement suggestion please; allow us to drink from a container that is located on an owned animal which is standing on a neighbouring tile.
As you know, currently we do this:
  • Take container from animal.
  • Drink from container.
  • Drop container.
  • Push container on to animal.
This 4-step process is repeated too many times every (winter) day.

Container handling from the ground, or whatever, is suggested before but the internal design of things limits the possibilities to easily allow it.

In this case, why can’t you just carry the container yourself? Easy way to ease the keypresses. If it’s too much of a burden, then pack something else that’s not needed on daily base on the animal instead.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

ineedcords

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 02:10:18 AM »
In this case, why can’t you just carry the container yourself? Easy way to ease the keypresses. If it’s too much of a burden, then pack something else that’s not needed on daily base on the animal instead.
Thanks for the response.

In response to your question "why can't you carry it?": I hope I'm not the only one min/maxing stuff in UW and (in this particular instance) trying to minimise extra weight penalties.
Of course one can carry the container on their person and the slight extra weight is not a big deal for the stronger player-characters however shorter/weaker characters are already at a -serious- disadvantage. If one don't have the more efficient skin container, the wooden bowl is relatively heavy, while wooden cup is a lesser penalty due to smaller size, it comes with smaller capacity and thus more micro management (again it's not end of the world but -I feel at least for my taste- it gets repetitive over the course of a year or character lifetime).

I realise this is yet another minor QoL improvement and if the engine is not allowing a relatively easy modification on this no problem.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

anything