Topic: How to do the "Making a Squirrel Stay Still in a Tree" ritual?  (Read 5839 times)

AustinGreyson

« on: May 23, 2020, 12:29:08 PM »
I have a squirrel stuck jumping between about three trees. Whenever I turn around and press 0 to kick the tree he's in, it doesn't  let me do it. It says "You can't reach to hit the squirrel! It's high above your head." Can someone please tell me what's going wrong here, and what I should be doing?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:31:34 PM by Erkka »

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 06:49:09 PM »
Your character needs to face away from the tree the squirrel is in, which can be tricky, as they like to jump a lot.

So the kick needs to be targeting a tile behind your character.
You can kick any tree behind you with your heel.

barbarahansen

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »
Weird, you should have the tree behind your back, but not turn around 360 and face it again. I've got quite a time chasing squirrels like this.

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 09:13:29 PM »
The tree where the squirrel is needs to be adjacent to the character and out of view. i.e. in any 3 of the tiles "behind" the character.

I've not tested if kicking unseen side tile when suffering from eye-injury counts valid for the heel kick.

Kaleva

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »
if i want to catch the squirrel from a tree i always gather branches and start throwing... worked everytime. Might need to collect the missed ones and throw again...

PALU

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 07:55:44 PM »
if i want to catch the squirrel from a tree i always gather branches and start throwing... worked everytime. Might need to collect the missed ones and throw again...
The question wasn't how to catch the squirrel, but how to use the ritual that (supposedly) makes it easier. Ritual or not, you'd still have to use some kind of missiles to get it to fall down to the ground (although I haven't tried to use the ritual and then climb the tree, but expect that not to work). I use rocks rather than branches, but you can probably use anything that can be thrown or fired.

anything