Topic: Ceiling/floor tiles for inverted corners and fences inside  (Read 4505 times)

Jakob

« on: April 03, 2020, 03:19:40 PM »
Can we allow for ceiling and floor constructions on "inward" or "inverted" corners? As seen in the picture, the corner by my character shows snowy ground and a floor cannot be built. It will also rain/snow inside.

Also, I made my own stables with a fence to bind my oxen at, however, the fence destroyed the floor. Would be very nice if the floor would remain. :)

P.S. I looked into modding it myself but I believe it's something hardcoded? I found no parameters pertaining to requirements for corner or ceiling/floor tiles in the biy-file. D.S-

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 04:41:17 PM »
I like it. There’s historical L shaped log structures, so having the option for inward corner would be awesome.

As for fences indoor, I’d rather see plank cattle pen/corral added. Or “separation wall”, buildable indoors only.

Jakob

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 05:40:34 PM »
As for fences indoor, I’d rather see plank cattle pen/corral added. Or “separation wall”, buildable indoors only.

Ya, I agree. My suggestion could be an easy fix in the meantime.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 06:12:25 PM »
I'd like something even simpler (in real world terms) for stable/indoors animals: hooks on the walls (or poles on the floor) to which you can tile the ropes holding animals.

The problem with using doors of various kinds is that animals tend to tail gate you when you leave. I build my "stables" around trees to provide something to the the animals to (leaving holes in the roof, of course, but that has no game play effects beyond seeing snow "indoors").

Jakob

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 06:34:07 PM »
I'd like something even simpler (in real world terms) for stable/indoors animals: hooks on the walls (or poles on the floor) to which you can tile the ropes holding animals.

The problem with using doors of various kinds is that animals tend to tail gate you when you leave. I build my "stables" around trees to provide something to the the animals to (leaving holes in the roof, of course, but that has no game play effects beyond seeing snow "indoors").

I tie my bulls to the fence, that works too.

PALU

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 07:28:14 PM »
Thanks, didn't know that was possible.

Ara D.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 09:41:28 PM »
Also the ability build ceiling but no floor for those of us who like indoor cellars.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 07:52:27 AM »
Also the ability build ceiling but no floor for those of us who like indoor cellars.
You could always build attached, 2nd door access storeroom with cellar. The 2nd door would keep your cabin still “smoke-able”

i.e.
Code: [Select]
eexxxxxx
xxxoooox
xodoooox
xcxoooox
xxxxxdxx

x= wall/shutters
o= indoors
d= door
e= outdoors
c= cellar

koteko

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 06:08:23 PM »
@Jakob very neat cabin, I like it!

@JP_Finn that's a cool little trick I'm going to try in my next playthrough  ;D

It's about time I made a gigantic longhouse with indoor cellar / smoking room and indoor stable.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1879/3511/articles/vikinglonghouse16_1024x1024.jpg?v=1543124534