Topic: Avitaminosis?  (Read 3635 times)

Kararas

« on: March 14, 2020, 02:40:33 PM »
Hi! Playing for a long time I noticed that it is much more profitable to eat 3 dried meats than to eat a pan of meat soup with peas and nettles. I think this is not a very good balance, but there is practically no sense in berries. I would like to see something like avitaminosis  .This may resemble starvation, which depends on the last time you ate berries or other food. I thought about it, since almost all winter I ate only dried elk.

koteko

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 10:36:35 PM »
I would also like something like this, but I imagine it would take a huge amount of work. The calorie intake is modelled pretty well, but to model vitamins and minerals.. as a developer, I shudder to think of it.

It could be simplified with a sort of "varied diet" indicator. If it's low, you have a higher chance of getting sick with a few ailments. Complex dishes would increase it, so you would leave dried meat for hard labour and travels, not as your only-food. While travelling for a long time, you might end up eating a few berries just to keep it up.

This is an extreme simplification, but it would work in giving us a reason to cook those stews and soups (and even a dessert of berries..) instead of just chugging dried meat.

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 04:20:46 PM »
Too piggy back on this if vitamins are implemented add some sort of dried meat mixed with berries or herbs to use as a trail food. To balance this make it time consuming or or labor intensive to make so we can't just make a bunch and live off our unreal world kaumo kibble.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 04:08:00 PM »
Playing for a long time I noticed that it is much more profitable to eat 3 dried meats than to eat a pan of meat soup with peas and nettles. I think this is not a very good balance, but there is practically no sense in berries. I would like to see something like avitaminosis  .This may resemble starvation, which depends on the last time you ate berries or other food.

Yes, many effects of poor diet could added, and many nutrition related things improved. This has been brought up every now and but so far we haven’t got it happening. To feature diet effects in satisfying way would be quite an overhaul to nutrition code so maybe the burden of re-planning has kept it away from the table all these years.  Should be added surely, but I don’t know when.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 10:12:54 PM »
If poor nutrition gets implemented to vitamin intake level, then it’d make sense to get organs, especially liver, from butchered animals. And added benefit of adding fish to diet.