Topic: Unlocking apparel quality's maximum limit  (Read 4636 times)

morrneyo

« on: December 19, 2019, 02:51:26 PM »
Is it possible with diy_glossary or something?

Night

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 03:08:14 PM »
If you're talking about making a new quality above masterwork etc, I don't think thats possible afaik. I know you can edit an item's quality in game data though, through hex/memory editing. Not sure about mod files.
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

morrneyo

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 03:32:17 PM »
If you're talking about making a new quality above masterwork etc, I don't think thats possible afaik. I know you can edit an item's quality in game data though, through hex/memory editing. Not sure about mod files.

Oh, I meant making masterwork fur overcoat and sort of things, which is impossible with '[M]ake, [C]lothes'

morrneyo

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 03:39:30 PM »

I can edit item with memory editing? Where can I learn it?

Night

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 04:48:12 PM »
I'll post something on it since you're interested (the memory editing). Working on updating my mod to 3.61 and fixing bugs, then I gotta update another thread or two. After that I should be able to do it.

As far as standard modding, I think you could just make craftable versions of the cloths but I'm not sure how/if you could control quality.
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

Brygun

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 12:16:08 AM »
You could custom write a recipe with skill bonuses which would make the higher quality outputs more likely but there is no garaunteed way.

A plausible story or roleplay is used in the BAC. More than one type of tool like hammer exists. Recipes calling for hammer uses *hammer as the item call. Now combine this with the different recipes for hammer having various level of requirements themselves with various penalties or bonuses to the quality of resulting hammer.

Complicated to say so here are examples:
Stone hammer easy to make but a penalty on the stone hammer quality
Iron hammer okay to make with no quality modifier
Ball Hammer hard to make even requires an iron hammer with a bonus on the ball hammer quality

Then when you make a piece of armor with the *hammer those tool qualities affect the outcome.

So if you stock up your smithy with better tools like the ball hammer you are more likely to get the higher quality outputs. Never a guarantee on final masterwork quality.