Topic: Making Masterwork apparel?  (Read 3337 times)

morrneyo

« on: December 19, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »
Can I make over-quality(above decent) apparel with diy_glossary text file?
Or can I unlock the quality lock of apparel-making?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 05:34:11 PM »
The making of clothing is tied to the Common skill, which causes the maximum quality to be Decent.
If you were to change it to another skill it might be possible, but I haven't tried.

Note that the stuff your character whips together in a couple of hours is nowhere the quality a tailor might produce over a significantly longer time (and the game currently doesn't support such long tasks, except the few that can be interrupted and resumed), which I believe is the role playing reason for the quality cap.

morrneyo

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 05:53:11 PM »
The making of clothing is tied to the Common skill, which causes the maximum quality to be Decent.
If you were to change it to another skill it might be possible, but I haven't tried.

Note that the stuff your character whips together in a couple of hours is nowhere the quality a tailor might produce over a significantly longer time (and the game currently doesn't support such long tasks, except the few that can be interrupted and resumed), which I believe is the role playing reason for the quality cap.

Since 3.52, making new recipe tied to other skill makes clothing exceeds over decent quality, but somehow since 3.60 it doesn't work! :-\ other tools and weapons work but clothing.

Saying role playing reason, I managed to... 'get' masterwork fur mittens from foreign traders, and I have no idea why player can't craft it. At least fine quality please  :'(

Ara D.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 05:21:51 PM »
Purchased items in theory could have been made by a skilled crafts person with specialized tools, then brought and sold by foreign or domestic traders. It's a role playing idea that you regards of fictional back story could create master work clothes in a couple of hours with only knife. This the quality cap on lots of player made goods but the existence of tradable master work quality items in the world.