Topic: [3.6.0 stable win10] Game freezes randomly while using f1-f7 keys  (Read 3906 times)

zer0lis

« on: December 17, 2019, 11:42:04 AM »
Greetings!

I wanted to let you guys know I am experiences game freezes(app not responding, needing to close) while viewing the map or using f1-f7 keys.

Very random occurrence, could not find pausable causes. Usually, I had to close the game, start again and actually working until my next freeze. Random, might be trying to use a ritual.
Usually when I try to escape the menu or changing f1-f7.

It never happened to me before. Fresh steam install, verified integrity.
System is windows 10, latest updates, drivers for intel i5 8400, 16gb ram 2400, geforce 1050 GTX TI, ssd. Using on a full HD display 144 Mhz, full-screen game options.

I think its futile if i post the save, reloading saved games does not reproduce the freeze. It happens often though, once ever 30min lets say. Pretty unbearable to say. Thankfully, forced closing and starting again usually are pretty recent, 10 moves lost.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:29:35 PM by zer0lis »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
Hi there!

It's true that save wouldn't help much here. Cases like these are always unfortunately tricky to solve, but let's try.

You mentioned that this has never happened before, so I'm assuming you've been playing the game on the same computer/system for a good while earlier.
Can you recall any big changes to your system, be it Windows updates or anything at all,  that might mark a border between previously working and now freezing state of the game?
- Sami | UnReal World creator

zer0lis

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 11:25:58 PM »
Hi there!

It's true that save wouldn't help much here. Cases like these are always unfortunately tricky to solve, but let's try.

You mentioned that this has never happened before, so I'm assuming you've been playing the game on the same computer/system for a good while earlier.
Can you recall any big changes to your system, be it Windows updates or anything at all,  that might mark a border between previously working and now freezing state of the game?
I never actually encountered this specific issue before thorough the years, the only thing that is worth mentioning and forgot to add to OP, my bad, is that is the first time playing from steam. I used to play from the same rig the dl version, definitely had older drivers but I dont think thats the issue.

Unfortunate but I guess we should wait to see if more users experience the same, I kinda imagined it will be hard to find the actual cause.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 12:21:36 AM »
It will probably work, but just to try to eliminate some things, it might be worth trying the latest free version to see if that works.

anything