Topic: Bird Thief Trap Location  (Read 2598 times)

Custergrant

« on: August 03, 2019, 03:10:04 PM »
I need some help finding the bird thief location this time. I have searched and searched the quest circle to no avail. It's at the border location of coniferous forest area right next to heathland in the south.

Any ideas?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »
That's the second worst area search quest. The visibility in a spruce infested forest is limited, and there tends to be just a small number of snares and feathers somewhere in the target tile. The only way to find the traps is to comb through all the matching tiles. I do this quest by walking inside the target tile all the way from start to finish for all the available stretches (i.e. zoomed in for each stretch). I try to walk so far in that I just can see the border line (when not blocked by trees). So far I've been lucky enough to find the traps, but it doesn't take much bad luck to miss them. Keep an eye out for both traps and feathers, and stop the search when it starts to get dark.

Frostbit

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 12:15:12 PM »
The easiest way I've found to search coniferous forests and spruce mires is to climb a tree near where you first zoom in or else it is really tedious.

anything