Topic: Dog leash disappeared  (Read 5040 times)

flibbo

« on: July 13, 2019, 04:32:41 PM »
When making camp I tied my dog to a tree, spent the next day fishing just a few meters away then as I wanted to leave I noticed that the rope had disappeared. Normally it's on the same tile as the tree you tied the dog to but this time it was just gone.

The dog is still shown as being "tied in place". Tried cutting down the tree but no change. Tried applying a different rope but it just tells me the dog is already leashed. Looks like I have no way to untie the dog so I'm just gonna lose it...

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 06:19:41 PM »
Sorry to hear your problem. Though there is no bug here.

You have to 'pick' the leash from remote tile. try ';' key standing at tree and pick tree direction.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:24:20 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

flibbo

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 06:58:42 PM »
Sorry to hear your problem. Though there is no bug here.

You have to 'pick' the leash from remote tile. try ';' key standing at tree and pick tree direction.

I know how it works I've been doing it hundreds of times. Like I said, the leash just disappeared so there was nothing to pick up.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »
Have you tried to pick up from the spot? What is the message?
I understand that the leash is not visible. If you examine the tile what does it say?
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

flibbo

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 11:15:00 PM »
There was nothing on the tile, there was just the tree before I cut it down. Neither when I looked at it nor tried to pick anything up from it there was anything there. Even when I stepped right on it after cutting down the tree it was just empty.

I'm sure it was that tree that I tied the dog to, and regardless it wasn't anywhere in the surrounding area either. Leash just went poof.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 12:00:57 PM »
When making camp I tied my dog to a tree, spent the next day fishing just a few meters away then as I wanted to leave I noticed that the rope had disappeared. Normally it's on the same tile as the tree you tied the dog to but this time it was just gone.

The dog is still shown as being "tied in place". Tried cutting down the tree but no change. Tried applying a different rope but it just tells me the dog is already leashed. Looks like I have no way to untie the dog so I'm just gonna lose it...

Three things...
1. Is this with the latest version 3.52?
2. You spent the next day just few meters away,  so you didn't zoom out from the area at all? (This may be important detail)
3. zip up the character folder and send it over to me. I'll fix the save for you - and try to reproduce.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

flibbo

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 04:59:19 PM »

Three things...
1. Is this with the latest version 3.52?
2. You spent the next day just few meters away,  so you didn't zoom out from the area at all? (This may be important detail)
3. zip up the character folder and send it over to me. I'll fix the save for you - and try to reproduce.

1: yes, it's the latest version - I have it on Steam, which always keeps it up to date.
2: it's been a while, but I'm still like 95% sure that all I did was fish for a whole day and then rest, next day I wanted to leave but found the rope gone.
3: The character has since died and I don't have the save folder any more. Thanks a lot for the offer though :)

Btw, this seems to happen only very rarely. I've been playing a few hundred hours by now (not all of this time with dogs of course) and this fortunately happened only once.