Topic: Falling suggestion.  (Read 2562 times)

Frostbit

« on: July 08, 2019, 07:51:47 PM »
I've noticed that whenever my character falls when climbing, they always land on their feet just like a cat. It would be nice if they fell prone most of the time and had to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and try again.

And on the subject of falling, I don't think any of my characters have ever slipped and fallen down even once no matter how bad they are at skiing. I've had my share of spills in real life and think it would add to the realism if I didn't have to deliberately fall down on my own every now and again just to keep things real.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 07:54:35 PM by Frostbit »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:12:41 AM »
I expect the raising to be abstracted away, so a falling climber automatically picks himself up, a poor skier does so as well, contributing to the fatigue build up, and characters would occasionally trip on roots or slip on ice and automatically pick themselves up without it being show explicitly.

For climbing I don't see any issues with having to rise explicitly, as you don't do that all the time, but having to do so while traveling would be rather annoying.

anything