Topic: [not a bug] Villager asks for items quest bug  (Read 5874 times)

maiel

« on: April 13, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »
Villager asked for my superior arrows which he needed but I didn't have any in my inventory actually, so I am assuming this is not intented and it's a bug.I am now running around looking for superior arrows to buy haha :D

edit; I had had some btw but i sold them maybe 2 days before this.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:26:58 PM by Sami »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:54:37 AM »
My guess is that your character entered the village earlier, the quest was generated, but you didn't encounter the character at the time and then returned after selling the arrows, at which time you encountered the character.
As far as I know, saying he can't have the requested item "fails" the quest, but I don't know what happens if you don't have the requested item anymore. Thus, I'm not sure you can fulfill the quest by finding the requested arrows and return with them later, but if the quest log shows the quest is open I assume you can. Thus, check the F2 log to see if the quest is open before going through the process of searching (and given how rare superior arrows are, you'll probably run out of time before finding any anyway).

maiel

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 11:49:58 AM »
I did check f2 and the quest was active. I also went to the village i had sold the arrows ealier and tried to buy them back but couln't get the villager (i remember it was a female) to sell them back, she "didn't have anything to trade me witch". So yeah very suspicious haha

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:26:36 PM »
Villager asked for my superior arrows which he needed but I didn't have any in my inventory actually, so I am assuming this is not intented and it's a bug.I am now running around looking for superior arrows to buy haha :D

edit; I had had some btw but i sold them maybe 2 days before this.

Not a bug really, this can happen. It's pretty much like PALU explained. The quest NPC had seen you carrying the arrows earlier, and thought "Oh, he's got exactly the arrows I need.". If you can provide him with the superior arrows the quest is okay and solved.
Villagers aren't necessarily interested to sell back items they have just bought, but you could try to see if they restock them back in the building at some point. Then you can try buy them back.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

maiel

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 02:45:17 AM »
He did say something like "i want THOSE arrows" and I didn't have them so that's why i was confused. thanks anyway guys

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
He did say something like "i want THOSE arrows" and I didn't have them so that's why i was confused. thanks anyway guys

Yes, I see, and that's understandable. I agree the wording could be changed, it's intended to represent present situation which is the desired case.
- Sami | UnReal World creator