Topic: Cannot throw 1 handed  (Read 4406 times)

Acolyte

« on: January 24, 2019, 04:04:14 AM »
If you have an arm that's too badly hurt to use you are unable to throw equipped items like rocks that should be throwable 1 handed. You can still throw them from inventory, but it takes extra time to ready it first.

Be nice if you could just have a rock in hand to peg a bird you stumble into.

- Shane

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 05:10:33 AM »
Which arm was the rock in? Shldn't u equip the rock in the unbroken arm?

Acolyte

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 06:56:13 AM »
It will only let you equip 1 item if your arm is that badly hurt. presumably it'd be the unbroken one.  :)

- Shane

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 03:01:15 PM »
I'm having hard time getting a grip (pun not intended) of this.

Would you post a screenshot what the game says when it doesn't allow you to throw, or otherwise describe the issueas clearly as possible.
A sent character with instructions to follow would be the best.

I tried throwing wielded rock with an injured arm and it worked just fine.

Are you aware that inventory is always opened when you try to throw things, even if you have stuff wielded and then throw a wielded item.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

Acolyte

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 06:14:41 AM »
Will do my best - I don't currently have a character with an arm that badly damaged. Things heal.  ;)

Basically it's this: I have had two characters starting with the "Hurt, Helpless and Afraid" scenario with severe damage to one of their arms (it's possible one was a hand injury). The damage was bad enough to deny the character the ability to do tasks which required 2 hands and other tasks were "this task will be extremely awkward".

So, having picked up several rocks, I equipped one into the primary weapon slot. I then tried to throw at a bird (not that there was much chance of hitting with IIRC 67 in total injury, but luck sometimes happens). This did in fact open the inventory. I selected the rock I had wielded. I forget the exact message but it was something like "you must have two hands to do this."

I'll try making a random test character to see what happens.

- Shane

anything