Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336771 times)

Brygun

« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2019, 03:07:56 AM »
update

Fixed wrong bracket for .Carved board. under Lumber, reduced its production time from 2h (120m) to 90m to better fit price compared to fox board (see notes in lumber text)

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2019, 03:09:41 AM »
So i decided that i would make some loop snares.

I only have birch bark fibers to make rope but i don't think its good enough quality to suffice. After a little research i could not find a source for birch bark loop snares, or birch bark fiber rope for that matter, so that's kibosh ed.

I have spruce root rope though, I figure that would work, but the game will not let me.

Searching I found this:  http://www.nfb.ca/film/survival_in_the_bush/. Buddy makes the loop snare, some other cool stuff too. Some of the video seems a little staged, like with the bear. Nature shows are known to use zoo/trained/show animals to get their shots\footage. I could be wrong but anyways...

It possible to work a little magic and make spruce root rope loop snares?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:25:04 AM by KKarlssoNN »

Brygun

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2019, 01:42:02 AM »
IIRC loop snares are made with "cord" while "rope" is a bigger stronger object

checking...

diy_glossary

.Loop snare. [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed] *TRAPPING*   /10/   %15%   |-2|            
{*Cord}      [remove]   'Cord'
// Tying equipment changed to Cord

That was carry forward from a survival mod. I think it needs to now be {Cord}

BAC Technology tree for that

{Tying Equipment}
{Cord}
{*cord}
{Rope}
{*rope}

Brygun

« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2019, 01:48:17 AM »
update

minor

Reviewed diy_glossary.txt which had some survival mod entries like loop snare discussed above. Adjusted to match BAC tech levels as

loop snare -> {Cord} (fibres and split twigs should work now)
water skin -> {*cord} (need better but you have leather to make a skin anyway)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:20:57 PM by Brygun »

Stefthegrey

« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2019, 06:31:08 PM »
Hello, I love your mod! However, I've noticed an issue with cords in your updated v043 and UrW 3.52 stable. I haven't been able to use split twigs, or birch fiber cord to create a loop snare.

The diy_glossary entry for loops snares shows your updated {Cord} entry but it doesn't seem to work, I have no familiarity with modding UrW so I might be doing something wrong on my end. Could other entries be overwriting the {Cord} update?

Cheers

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2019, 08:29:28 PM »
Got to say... I really love using this mod.  Feels great, plays great, I love all the options.  My dream of an Owl-Tribe super-scientist survivalist is finally within reach...

One minor quibble: For "birch shortbow", it says it requires "split birch trunk" - - the actual object required is "short quarter trunk" - maybe it's meant to be a little murky, that the user must think/experiment in order to find the right ingredient?  You can, of course, check the .txt file to find the answer quickly, which is what I did.  However, I thought it was needlessly obscure - maybe at least more of a hint? 

Brygun

« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2019, 02:35:32 AM »
Re loop snares and {Cord} ...  :o  possibly there could be another recipe for loop snare that is overpower the BAC one. Or I did something wrong?

>>>>>

RE Birch shortbow...

diy_BAC_lumber is producing "log" not "trunk" now so I believe the current version is correct.

>>>>

The place Im hanging out is about to close so I can't run a test to verify. Does anyone else test the Loop snare and birch shortbow issues? Please report success or failure.

Brygun

« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2019, 03:14:33 AM »
got home and started up the game

Self confirm issue with loop snare made from split twigs is a BAC thing. Looking into it more now

Brygun

« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2019, 03:42:55 AM »
Soooooo

Apparently {Cord} isn't a valid recipe call even though cord is a base object

changed loop snare to use {Tying equipment}  so that split spruce twigs will work. You can now also consume a rope to make a loop snare.

BAC note to modders updated to remove {Cord} as a tech level

Will include in the next update

>>>

Spurce bow {*Cord} changed to {*cord}

Brygun

« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2019, 03:44:59 AM »
Reread the recent question on the birch shortbow. Now realize it was that the old 'comment' was there. Changed it to:

'Birch cut to a short quarter log'

Brygun

« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2019, 03:47:59 AM »
Update

Recent loop snare and bow fixes described above

>>>
First post in this thread use of graphical conversions rephrased to explain the decision more clearly. Now reads as:

One major mod type left out of the BAC is graphical conversions of vanilla objects. There is at least one, if not more, of these. These don't affect craft recipes which is the focus of the BAC project. BAC does add non-vanilla graphics. The project decision is that the graphical overalls be left out of BAC and left to user discretion.

One of these is known as "Jaredonians Character Models + Distinct Tribes v3". As far as I know it can be installed and removed independently of all the crafting menus. 
It is at:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=37.0
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:52:25 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2019, 03:59:52 AM »
P.S.

Thanks for the recent compliments!

;D

Brygun

« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2019, 03:25:48 AM »
Update

Minor

Was reading another forum thread on fishing rods so did some check on the BAC. Yes you can make a fishing rod with the BAC.

Also...

A dip net for ores uses fishing rod as a base object so should also work as fishing gear.

Text for Dip net text updated to reflect that dual role.

Dip net now uses two branches instead of two birch roots. Birch roots were a cord type object and it calls for cords later in the recipe anyway. The branches are used to make the spreaders of the cloth.

Both Dip net and fishing rod tweaked to {*cord} format (was {*Cord})

Dip net is in diy_BAC_Toolmaking (as it is primarily a tool for getting ores)
while
Fishing rod is in diy_BAC_Utility

>>>

.Dip net. "Fishing rod" [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed] *CARPENTRY* /2h/
{Slender trunk}      [remove] [noquality] 'Dip net can scoop ores or fish'
{Branch}   (2)   [remove] [noquality] '+as spreaders'
{Cloth}      #4#   [remove]         'Net of cloth, fur or leather'
{*cord}      (1)   [remove] [patchwise]      'Cord'
{Axe}<Carving axe>
{Knife}<Small knife>
[WEIGHT:8]
[PRICE:0]
[TILEGFX:bc-dipnet]

>>>

.Fishing rod.  [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed] *CARPENTRY* /2h/
{Staff}         [remove]
{*fishhook}      [remove]   'Fishhook'
{*cord} (2)      [remove]   'Cord'
{Knife}<Small knife>

Brygun

« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2019, 11:09:06 PM »
Update

An issue was reported on making a fishing net. Looked into it and birch-bark was made using other conventions. Reviewed the overall recipe. Found other possible concerns. Fixed same.

>>>>

.Net.          [effort:1] [phys:hands]         *HIDEWORKING*   /8h/
{Tying Equipment}        (20)    [remove]      '+cord, fibre or other for net'
{Slender trunk}   (2)    [noquality] [ground]    '+to support tying'
{*Birch-bark*}   #2#   [remove] [noquality]   '+to make floats'
{Rock}        (4)    [remove] [noquality]   '+sinker weights'
{Rock} (6) [ground] [noquality] '+additional tying weights'
{Knife} <Small knife>
[WEIGHT:10]
// Excess weight because of working time constraints
// BAC: Change birch-bark line for compatibility
// BAC: Tying Equipment used to allow primitive sources
// BAC: Number # cord reduced to closer match weight (was 40)

Brygun

« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2019, 11:26:22 PM »
Hmmm....

I wonder if the [ground] for the extra 6 rocks will make it necessary to have them sitting on the ground vs confused selection in inventory.

anything