Topic: Finnish people! Hear me!  (Read 3833 times)

Lurcolm1

• Not freezing to death is achieved by murder
    • View Profile
« on: December 05, 2018, 05:10:31 PM »
Alright, so honestly I didn't know where to go about asking this, but considering this game is a massive inspiration, I decided to ask here.

I wrote a novel for NaNoWriMo. If you don't know what that is, it's basically an international event where people have to write 50k words from the first to the thirtieth of November. It's a writer's equivalent of hell.

Now, my book went about the main character and a few companions that live in Not-England. They were levied to fight against the Not-Mongols that was invading Not-Europe. Long story short, that entire battle's a bugger up for the main character's forces, and they run.

Through vague magic Spirit of the Forest handwaviness, they end up in late iron age Finland, because thanks to this game it's the one society and region I can write with.... Decent faith

Thing is, my guys don't speak Finnish. Until far later. And you can just be vague about their words, but to give an impact, it's nice to have dialogue, even if the protagonist can't understand it.

SO. I'm putting myself out there for anyone who's a native Finnish speaker, just to contact me if they're willing to help me create dialogue for this.

My Discord tag (Preferred way to communicate) is Lurcolm#8399

My Email is MurlocChieftain@gmail.com

Soooo yeah.

Anyone wanna help me? Pretty please?

ModernNorseman

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 10:35:07 PM »
Danish here, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. Best of luck though. That sounds like a fun challenge.