Topic: [DEVELOPMENT RELOCATED] Brygun's Added Items  (Read 58129 times)

Brygun

« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2018, 05:01:53 AM »
Thank you both.

Jeb, its a wonderful thing when modders work together like this.

>>>

Trivia:

I'm a retired SCA Marshall and once made a coat of plates hung on canvas

>>>>

I'm currently testing the barrel recipe. Which now using {*cord} with no space grabs the right item. Oddly the barrel will hold the desired water but the barrel's own weight keeps coming up as 4 not the requested value

.Caulked barrel. "Wooden tub" [effort:2] [phys:arms] *CARPENTRY*    /240/ /30/ %15%
{Board} (8) [remove] [ground]
{*cord} (4) [remove] '+as banding'
{Caulking} #4# [remove] '+caulk seams'
{* pot} (1) [ground] '+to hold hot caulking'
{Fire}      '+to soften pitch'
{Firewood} (4) [remove] [ground] '+to sustain fire'
{Axe} <Carving axe> '+for main shaping'
{Knife} <Small knife> '+for fine whittling'
[TYPE:container]
[WEIGHT:80]
[CONT_CAPACITY:267]
[PRICE:178]
//Sliding price-capacity now 2:3
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:03:45 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2018, 01:23:55 AM »
Project update:

Henceforth this is the "Brygun and community" mod, BAC mod for short.

The attached zip includes the first of these. Bedlam's Nerjpez cookery is now fully integrated.

Bouidda's mod should still be installed first though evenutally I intend the BAC zip to include everything. For now delete your Bouidda cookery files to save menu space.

Only have my biy_ file in your directory when you want to build my style thing. This is due to the "last recipe output" style of the base game. I hope to experiment with alternates around this but that hasn't been done yet.

>>>

On item programming:

Caulked barrel wrong weight is still under investigation

A new tool "auger" has been added and is now a mandatory for the great complexity build known as the clinkered punt.

Clinkered punt is still looking for testing and feedback

Brygun

« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2018, 04:38:08 AM »
Headache making progress report...

Cask will generate correct weight

Keg and barrel will not

:o

Brygun

« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2018, 05:01:17 AM »
As is BAC update

Still cant get keg and barrel to have their right weight. Even using a fresh cut and paste of cask.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Bouidda's wooden tub now grouped with the caulked tubs. May later move them all from "lumber" to a new menu like "carpentry". Bouidda's simple tub recipe balanced as taking longer, lower quality, lower price while using much simpler materials, as in no caulking so no pot needed. Works as an early game tub to solve things, like having one in the smithy to be able to make a pot to make the caulked tubs.

Brygun

« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2018, 05:08:37 AM »
Signatus cooking recipes and tweaks will be in the next update.

Just happened to browse a file set he sent me and they were good ideas.

;)

Signatus

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »
I'm looking through the latest files at the moment and I noticed that the auger recipe is asking for an {Axw}. I've also noticed in several places that you have e.g. /8h/ /2h/, with the same slashes for both... does this make a difference? Example:

.Caulking. "Hunting horn" [patch:3] [noquality] [phys:arms] [effort:0] *CARPENTRY*   /15/ /30/  |-2|

For comparison:

.Clay kettle pot. "Pot" [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed] *COMMON*    /20/ \2h\

Edit: .Short quarter log. needs to be based on "Block of wood", not "Block", otherwise it won't even show up on the menus
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:34:19 PM by Signatus »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2018, 01:01:07 AM »
How do i make fish cuts, can't find it in the menus, I've just been roasting them? Is it the preservation recipes?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 01:03:42 AM by KKarlssoNN »

Signatus

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2018, 01:16:47 AM »
It's .Clean fish. at the end of the "Added items" menu. You can then roast the cuts too

Brygun

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2018, 01:27:31 AM »
Signatus thanks for catching those

One set of /#/ is the build time, default unit is minutes

\#\ is the cool down or hold time. When you are done the work this is the delay before you can pick it up. For recipes involving caulking or glue I like to have a delay to show things drying and cooling.

Brygun

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2018, 01:34:31 AM »
Quick patch for the issues Signatus just reported on

Brygun

« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2018, 01:36:31 AM »
It's .Clean fish. at the end of the "Added items" menu. You can then roast the cuts too

FYI the original "Lumber" location was getting full so it got moved to Added items.

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2018, 02:17:24 AM »
Oh... I've been using Signatus's file that he uploaded and its missing from the diy_zz_brygunadd.txt. I'am going to replace it with diy_Brygunadd.txt from BAC mod v003. Hopefully it dosn't mess anything up. I'am waiting for the next update that adds Signatus stuff before switching to BAC.

I'am quite enjoying my time with the game. Went through 3 characters very quickly before my current. I did the game course\task that gives you the free fishing rod, key to survival. I'am able to sustain myself now.

EDIT 1: It's there now haven't used it yet though!

EDIT 2: Looks like there is changes to stuff in some of the menu's, not a big deal still just doing basic unadvanced stuff. As Signatus mentioned, and looking through the files, he had stuff organized differently, so some stuff might be wonky. I'll be good till I switch over.   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:47:51 AM by KKarlssoNN »

Brygun

« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2018, 03:01:57 AM »
Taking a break from the blocked keg/barrel issue for work on the integration

The following menudef_BAC is being set up for future work

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:06:36 AM by Brygun »

Signatus

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2018, 03:18:13 AM »
Oh... I've been using Signatus's file that he uploaded and its missing from the diy_zz_brygunadd.txt. I'am going to replace it with diy_Brygunadd.txt from BAC mod v003. Hopefully it dosn't mess anything up. I'am waiting for the next update that adds Signatus stuff before switching to BAC.

I'am quite enjoying my time with the game. Went through 3 characters very quickly before my current. I did the game course\task that gives you the free fishing rod, key to survival. I'am able to sustain myself now.

EDIT 1: It's there now haven't used it yet though!

EDIT 2: Looks like there is changes to stuff in some of the menu's, not a big deal still just doing basic unadvanced stuff. As Signatus mentioned, and looking through the files, he had stuff organized differently, so some stuff might be wonky. I'll be good till I switch over.

Yeah sorry mate, I had 3 or 4 mods at the same time and it was getting messy so I grabbed Buoidda's and brygun's changed as a baseline and then went through the files I had to see what I wanted to keep, like the road and well. I organized it by menus (mostly) and also reordered them on the menus. You can still copy and paste brygun's updated recipes into the appropriate submenu files, but it can be a bit of a hassle.

Edit: look in the zz_glossary, it should have most of those missing recipes
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:27:31 AM by Signatus »

Brygun

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2018, 04:50:00 AM »
Meanwhile back at in the Bat Cave...

Im about to release the integration file set