Topic: [DEVELOPMENT RELOCATED] Brygun's Added Items  (Read 58196 times)

Brygun

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2018, 06:01:57 AM »
On flat breads vs long breads

The flat bread recipe takes x pounds of ingredients #x# to make IIRC 6 pieces. That is each flat bread is x/6 pounds in weight.

Long bread produces the ingredients as one piece, hence the name a long bread, of #x#

The flat bread pieces need more handling to not just mix but separate and shape the smaller pieces.

The long bread is one mass so no separation time and the shaping time is greatly reduced.  Based on my own flour/bread/cake mixing in the real world seemed about the right amount of time.

Long bread was primarily made it to make the game play of eating breads much easier. the small flat breads tend to need more interactions for a full belly. A long bread is a good tummy top up.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:16:00 AM by Brygun »

Signatus

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2018, 06:28:54 AM »
I made a birch-bark punt! It might be way too valuable, though. I managed to get a bronze bracelet and some dried food and random little things for it. I bought out the whole village except for their glutton furs (which seem to be about the same price as the decent punt) and then traded stuff back for the bracelet. It'll be a good way to store value. I'm going to make a second one now, this time for me, but I wonder if it's exploitable or actually somewhat fair.

Maybe I'm not seeing breads right, must admit I'm not a baker :)

I noticed that the .Antler necklace. created a "forest reindeer antler antler necklace" and I'm not sure what caused the doubling

Edit: Just looked at your new watercraft steps. and it's looking really good! Is the finnish punt doable without an Adze axe, though?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:59:32 AM by Signatus »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2018, 07:19:48 AM »
So If i wanted to combine a item\recipe from one mod into another, for example: the ".Hardtack" from Brygun's "cookery_glossary.txt" into Njerpez's "cookery_glossary.txt". All I do is copy paste the paragraph (not sure of proper term) over to the .txt file that's in the games directory and than in between the proper [SUBMENU_START]... correct? Anything else i have to change? Is the order that it goes between the submenu headings (again not sure of terminology] matter? I'am going to put it between .Flatbread and .Korovai. Also if its a item that has a corresponding .png\tile that has to be in the game's directory as well or it won't show up as a graphic\sprite. 

This question is for whoever, mostly Signatus. I understand Brygun's busy.

I'am getting too tired to continue this tonight but tomorrow I'am going to attempt to combine the cooking recipes that are in Brygun's mod into Njerpez's so I'am not missing any using one or the other.     

Signatus

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2018, 08:13:42 AM »
Yeah, you just have to paste it into the appropriate section. The advantage to having them all in the same file is that you can order them, otherwise they'll be ordered as the files are read. Meaning they'll be grouped according to the file they're from. For example, I grouped all the fletching stuff in one menu, so that arrow shafts and arrow heads, etc are grouped correctly. Much easier to find them
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:16:54 AM by Signatus »

Brygun

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2018, 08:16:35 AM »
I made a birch-bark punt! It might be way too valuable, though.

AFAIK and from the wiki the normal punt has a trade value of 90. Birch-bark punt is 45 or 60 in the recent one. Same 1-1 weight-price as the punt but made smaller.

Prices certainly can be tweaked now that we have the [PRICE:] command

FYI Im not the origin of Hardtack, I put it in from their mod. They gave it [SPOILAGE:0] so it never goes bad. Handy as an emergency food in the pouch and some at a hunting support camp you visit once/season.

I noticed that the .Antler necklace. created a "forest reindeer antler antler necklace" and I'm not sure what caused the doubling

Needs fiddling with name commands. Without recalling the exact command...

source: forest reindeer antler

name as: (source) + "antler necklace"

generates: forest reindeer antler antler necklace

So change name as line to (source) + "necklace"

Edit: Just looked at your new watercraft steps. and it's looking really good! Is the finnish punt doable without an Adze axe, though?

Thanks.

command line
{Axe} <Adze axe>
 means you can use any axe but its an advantage to use an Adze axe.

A line of

{Adze axe}
means you can only proceed if you have an Adze axe.

>>>>>

I  woke up realizing logic issues with the water craft by leather and clinker

The removable tarp worn as a cloak can be damaged in combat reducing its weight/materail

the extra protrected tarp is basically the same as the kota material so could have the preparation merged with the kota content in hideworking

A patch of sealed leather of 1 lb could be created as a means to patch kotas or the leather punt's tarp.

If I have the leather punt use #lbs# of material instead of (1) tarp you could fix the damaged cloak-tarp with the patches

>>>>

Clinker build order is wrong.

Keel+Ribs first then strakes is a Caravel style build

Clinker build is keel then strakes then ribs fitted to the strakes.

Brygun

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2018, 08:22:10 AM »
I'am getting too tired to continue this tonight but tomorrow I'am going to attempt to combine the cooking recipes that are in Brygun's mod into Njerpez's so I'am not missing any using one or the other.   

Recommend avoiding putting cooking in other menus as those may become quite full

Privateer's fish cuts currently display in lumber. I tweaked the time as the X time ended up calculated per lb of fish rather than per fish.

Brygun

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2018, 08:23:26 AM »
Hardtack came from Fataal

Original mod presented here:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=47.0

Be sure to credit him in the file for his own work

Brygun

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2018, 08:25:33 AM »
One of my own plans for an enlarged/merged mod is to keep 2 or 3 of the  menus, whole menus, free. This way a user can add in items relevant to their game or current tasks.

For instance Privateer mad a series of trade mods. Each trade afaik takes 2-3 menus.

This merged mod also needs to bring in metal armors like mail and lamellar. I have vague thoughts for that but boats are current task.

Brygun

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2018, 09:12:10 AM »
Update to water craft as:

- Clinkered punt build order corrected, added 1 more step to it

- Listed desired flotation ratings should those ever come along

- Price lowered a little on birch-bark punt and leather punt

>>>>

Not yet done:

= connect boating tarp with making kotas

= kota/tarp patch for repairs

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2018, 06:42:18 PM »
So Signatus... If i want to use your version i install Bryguns mod first Than yours on top of it, keeping all files, or do  I swap out all the _Brygun_... and _Buoidda's .txt files for yours that have the _zz_... example:

biy_Buoidda's_glossary.txt for biy_zz_glossary.txt
diy_p_Buoidda's boneworking and cookery_Buoidda's boneworking.txt for diy_zz_boneworking.txt
etc, etc

Or can I just use the truetile from Brygun's and Njerpez's Cooking than use all of your .txt files instead of theirs. Should i keep anything else from Brygun's or Njerpez's.

Also i noticed that your cookery_glossary.txt, diy_glossary.txt, diy_zz_brygunadd.txt and diy_zz_mining.txt is spaced left to right instead of top to bottom... that matter. Further... diy_zz_earthenware and menudef_zz_additional is missing .txt at the end and the latter is spaced left to right. 

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:07:27 PM by KKarlssoNN »

Signatus

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2018, 08:03:12 PM »
So Signatus... If i want to use your version i install Bryguns mod first Than yours on top of it, keeping all files, or do  I swap out all the _Brygun_... and _Buoidda's .txt files for yours that have the _zz_... example:

biy_Buoidda's_glossary.txt for biy_zz_glossary.txt
diy_p_Buoidda's boneworking and cookery_Buoidda's boneworking.txt for diy_zz_boneworking.txt
etc, etc

Or can I just use the truetile from Brygun's and Njerpez's Cooking than use all of your .txt files instead of theirs. Should i keep anything else from Brygun's or Njerpez's.

Also i noticed that your cookery_glossary.txt, diy_glossary.txt, diy_zz_brygunadd.txt and diy_zz_mining.txt is spaced left to right instead of top to bottom... that matter. Further... diy_zz_earthenware and menudef_zz_additional is missing .txt at the end and the latter is spaced left to right. 

My files are a compilation of Buoidda's, Brygun's and sufficiency. It includes Brygun's added items in diy_zz_brygunadd.txt, but I moved some stuff to other menus. You don't need to install anything else except maybe Buoidda's and sufficiency's truetile folders... I'm not sure which tiles are actually being used, but it shouldn't hurt to have all their files, lol.

Some of the files are pretty much Buoidda's with little to no changes, but renamed and reorganized in a more "logical" way, imo. It's easier to find stuff related to Barkware or Earthenware if they're all in the same file, and it makes it also possible to order their menu.

The simplest way to use it is to just backup your vanilla files (as should always be done) and then paste my files to your folder. I already included my vanilla files with stuff commented out, so it should be functional like that. All the zz_* files will be ordered last alphabetically, so it should be easy to find them and remove if necessary.

I'm not sure what I mean by spaced from left to right... but thanks for noticing the lack of .txt! I'm not sure if it was causing issues, but that makes it easier to fix it.

My objective by doing this was to not have to deal with the pain of making different mods compatible with each other. When I initially included Buoidda's + Sufficiency there were quite a few duplicated functions (with different names) and the menudef_* files were a mess because of the keyboard shortcuts. Each had interesting stuff the other didn't, though, but it was all jumbled. I removed the "soaked branches" method of making primitive cords, for instance, because it can now be made from Fibres.

So change name as line to (source) + "necklace"

I did, with [naming:original] in front. I tried without the [naming:original], and it only gave me an antler necklace. I'm confused

command line
{Axe} <Adze axe>
 means you can use any axe but its an advantage to use an Adze axe.

A line of

{Adze axe}
means you can only proceed if you have an Adze axe.

My question was that because of the 8h time, without a proper axe it might just say you can't finish it in time, especially a low skill character
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:36:20 PM by Signatus »

KKarlssoNN

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 09:20:43 PM »
Quote: "I'm not sure what I mean by spaced from left to right"

It seems to be working fine anyways, but those text files show up as though the enter key was not used. For example for the "cookery_glossary.txt" Instead of the text being dozens, or more, of lines long downwards, pargraph under a pargraph, its all to the side and only 3 lines down.

Instead of this:

item

item

item

Its this:

item        item            item

I copy pasted it into the post and it arranged itself properly so i don't know, its working anyways.

So just to make sure... is there any content in Brygun's mod that is not in your mod, besides the truetiles, the water transport stuff he currently working on, the stuff you mentioned that you omitted for easier access, organization and things you felt that were redundant?

All truetiles needed should be in Brygun's and Nejerpez's mod?

Big thanks by the way guys, playing now. Hardly know what I'am doing but I'am enjoying it. Baby steps. Probably help if i tried vanilla but i avoid that if i can. 

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:29:46 PM by KKarlssoNN »

Signatus

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2018, 02:35:19 AM »
Not sure what's up with the text... maybe it's because I'm on Linux?

So just to make sure... is there any content in Brygun's mod that is not in your mod, besides the truetiles, the water transport stuff he currently working on, the stuff you mentioned that you omitted for easier access, organization and things you felt that were redundant?

All truetiles needed should be in Brygun's and Nejerpez's mod?

Big thanks by the way guys, playing now. Hardly know what I'am doing but I'am enjoying it. Baby steps. Probably help if i tried vanilla but i avoid that if i can.

I think everything Brygun added is in my files, but the zz_brygunadd only includes the Added Items menu. I've added their watercraft mod as well. There might be some tiles from Sufficiency mod, like the .Road. one.

You should definitely try vanilla, though

There's a typo in .Finish a Finnish Punt., should be "Expanded" hull log but it's "Expanding" hull log in the recipe.

Also, for some reason I'm not able to use any cords for the .Sewn bark hull. step. What could be the issue? I even made the vanilla cords to no avail. Are cords not Tying Equipment?

Brygun

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2018, 02:37:55 AM »
My question was that because of the 8h time, without a proper axe it might just say you can't finish it in time, especially a low skill character

Almost missed this

<ponders>

The time is meant to exhaust the character and force them to build other steps on other days. Overall taking ~5 days for assembly plus the days working up the supply items like boards and nails

Its possible to lower it to 6h but that may make it possible to work 6 hours, rest 2 then work 6 again, then sleep ~10 hours on the same day.

As for being too low skilled to proceed without an Adze, in the case of a clinkered punt I'm okay with that. Being a shipwright is pretty advanced. A low skill person without proper tools sounds like the type who couldn't build one.

During testing you could lower the hours to even 1 hour just to make sure the steps sequence right.

Brygun

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2018, 02:41:34 AM »

Also, for some reason I'm not able to use any cords for the .Sewn bark hull. step. What could be the issue? I even made the vanilla cords to no avail. Are cords not Tying Equipment?

Erm... i thought Tying Equipment meant all types of cords and ropes from vanilla plus any mod with those as base objects

If thats not the case Ill have to rethink some things.

I was hoping to use:

Any even primitive = {Tying equipment}
e.g. hanging meat to smoke or dry

proper thin = {* cord}
e.g. bow string needs a cord

Long and strong = {* rope}
e.g. raft lashing

anything