Topic: [not a bug] Not receiving training upon completion of Adventurer's Woodman's Axe  (Read 5261 times)

d2shr6o8av

« on: October 19, 2018, 12:18:58 AM »
The quest giver is sleeping in the tile above me.

I made sure to check what spear skill level I had (80) before talking to the adventurer for the reward.

Save game
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:37:37 PM by Sami »
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 01:52:03 AM »
pretty sure there is no bug.
As soon as I stabbed your sheep in the neck with your spear the skill went to 83
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:56:00 AM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 03:10:04 AM »
pretty sure there is no bug.
As soon as I stabbed your sheep in the neck with your spear the skill went to 83

So that's how it works! I was expecting the skill points to be magically added. I didn't know you actually had to "practice" your skill before getting the points.
I think the quest giver did mention something about practicing. I thought it was flavor text.

I'm such a noob  ;D

I guess I learned 2 things today:
Listen to your sensei (quest giver).
You don't have to be right on top of a carcass to skin it or butcher it (watched it on youtube).

Unfortunately that character already died at the hand of a sword wielding Njerpez that somehow I thought I could take on while already at 40%+ penalty mostly from bruises I received while climbing and falling from trees.

I have your training mod, although I haven't got a chance to use it yet. Only 3 points as reward for a skill that I could have leveled up on a training dummy doesn't seem worth a woodman's axe.
Unless the quest giver offers me a skill not covered by the dummies I'll probably keep the woodman's axe next time.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:35:08 PM by d2shr6o8av »
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 09:06:04 AM »
These quest rewards are quite valuable in the vanilla game, as skill leveling is extremely slow. Having the rewards lose much of their values is the cost of using such a mod. An axe is of very little value except very early in the game, and you lose out on the role playing aspect (should you care about it) by keeping the axe.

UrW is brutally punishing when it comes to penalties, and fighting is dangerous at the best of times, so attacking anything that's likely to fight back with a 40% skill penalty due to injuries, plus whatever penalty you have from encumbrance, is not a wise move.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 01:37:10 PM »
Not a bug.

"My teachings alone are not enough, but you also need to practice them on your own.
You will notice the value of my advices the next time your XXX skills are truly needed.
"

they say.
- Sami | UnReal World creator