Topic: Where the heck are the axes?  (Read 14233 times)

SpaghettiCat

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 09:41:16 PM »
I think it is completely normal. Game is random. If you want to have an axe start as lonely settler.

In your case you have another quest to do. Move to other land to find a axe.

If this is completely normal have you spent every game you started walking for hours through 20 villages across 2 regions to find an axe?

I don't want to murder innocent villagers for their axes, that's just despicable.

werepacman

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 02:15:39 AM »

If this is completely normal have you spent every game you started walking for hours through 20 villages across 2 regions to find an axe?

I don't want to murder innocent villagers for their axes, that's just despicable.

This is rare coincidence. Normal or not depends on point of view.

In my current game I discovered 30 villages before build settlement.
This is because I was very picky and want shore, hill with good view, and Driik village and wood supply near my settlement. I also collected tools seeds and animals during travel.

I understand this is not your choice how to start game. But there different options.

You can view typical map of regions before character creation to suggest direction to Driik willage or other culture.
It is also good to print screen world map before entering the world.

SpaghettiCat

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 09:07:29 AM »
This is rare coincidence. Normal or not depends on point of view.

In my current game I discovered 30 villages before build settlement.
This is because I was very picky and want shore, hill with good view, and Driik village and wood supply near my settlement. I also collected tools seeds and animals during travel.

I understand this is not your choice how to start game. But there different options.

You can view typical map of regions before character creation to suggest direction to Driik willage or other culture.
It is also good to print screen world map before entering the world.

Hmm OK, thanks for the insight; if it's a rare coincidince I can understand. A bit annoying though that every game you have to move to Driik region, then it doesn't make sense to choose to start as another tribe.

A rare coincidence of the good kind happened to me yesterday!  ;D I was walking along the overhead map and suddenly was brought down into the detailed map because a Njerp was spotted! I looked at him and saw he has an axe! I was desperate for it. I'm pretty good with the bow so after 3 shots the fiend was dead, and I inheritted all his treasure, including a.... woodsman's axe! Now to find the other axe types so I can build a permanent home and start preparing for winter.

PALU

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 12:43:34 PM »
Congratulations!

A woodsman's axe is, in my view, the best one if you only have one, and it's definitely good enough to use to build a settlement. Sure, the other axes are useful to do things faster and better, but my first choice would be a woodsman's axe and the second a hand axe (although I'd be happy to find a carving axe instead).

werepacman

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 07:18:29 PM »
A bit annoying though that every game you have to move to Driik region, then it doesn't make sense to choose to start as another tribe.

This was my first self made quest. :) I choose to start with native tribe and then move to Driik. :)

I start as lonely settler with 3 axes. It would be too easy to start in Driik region.

A rare coincidence of the good kind happened to me yesterday!  ;D I was walking along the overhead map and suddenly was brought down into the detailed map because a Njerp was spotted! I looked at him and saw he has an axe! I was desperate for it. I'm pretty good with the bow so after 3 shots the fiend was dead, and I inheritted all his treasure, including a.... woodsman's axe! Now to find the other axe types so I can build a permanent home and start preparing for winter.
8)

Labtop 215

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 05:58:02 AM »
Congratulations!

A woodsman's axe is, in my view, the best one if you only have one, and it's definitely good enough to use to build a settlement. Sure, the other axes are useful to do things faster and better, but my first choice would be a woodsman's axe and the second a hand axe (although I'd be happy to find a carving axe instead).

Personally, I'd prioritize a masterwork hand-axe over a masterwork woodsman's axe, since the hand-axe applies to more crafting and building options than a woodsman's axe does.

PALU

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2018, 11:00:07 AM »
Congratulations!

Personally, I'd prioritize a masterwork hand-axe over a masterwork woodsman's axe, since the hand-axe applies to more crafting and building options than a woodsman's axe does.
When it comes to upgrading to higher quality axes from having lower quality ones the priorities are rather different from the ones where you can get a single first axe and have a choice of which one to buy. Which Masterwork quality axe is most important depends on your game play and situation: I'd probably prefer a masterwork carving axe first and a masterwork woodsman's axe second in most cases.

anything