Topic: Is this an exploit or game mechanic?  (Read 6295 times)

sirdah

« on: August 12, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
I just got into this game a week ago and I've already realized that boards are just so brokenly OP. I had an insane amount of fun before I realized this.. now whenever I need ANY item.. I just chop down trees and within 10 minutes I can buy everything in the whole village. "But you can't pick up the boards to buy that really expensive item or sell them while they're at your feet!!" I figured out that you can pick up board that are in a stack of 9 or less and hold as many as you want. Once you're 1,000lbs over weight with a hundred+ boards you just wait for the townsfolk to get close to you then trade. I use to think hunting and trapping and getting furs were so fun to use a currency and now the game just feels.. broken. ANY word if this will be corrected? It would make sense to not be able to pick up the boards if you're overweight.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
Just avoid exploiting overvalued items...

I believe it's necessary to be able to pick up items above your carrying capacity to be able to buy really expensive items, like masterworks quality large armor, as it requires a huge stack of furs to cover the cost, and foreign traders ONLY accept fur as payment. I use a cow of burden to haul the furs to the traders and then unload the furs onto my character (or the ground and then to my character) to be able to cover the cost.

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 09:41:07 PM »
 I do use overweight exploit sometimes when I have huge amounts of meat to prepare.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Maisling

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 07:13:26 PM »
Personally I don't consider the overweight thing an exploit since you can't walk anywhere when overloaded. Being able to easily get rich making boards definitely is an exploit though, as other wooden items like bowls and cups aren't worth nearly so much.

jhadred

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »
Rather than it actually being carried, I imagine it as an "active pile" that the character can't step away from.  Kind of like running a stall.

The problem with boards though, is that they don't seem to disappear from npcs inventories or be put down anywhere, especially if the person was hired.

trento007

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 02:22:00 PM »
Yeah boards are quite valuable to villagers (maybe they should set an amount of boards/tree materials traded/given to villagers and then a new building will appear) and most of what I do to obtain items through trading is by selling boards. The process of creating them is difficult enough, but I feel the timbercraft goes up way too quickly.

Now if you want a REAL  exploit I found one a long time back but I didn't think much of it and it was so obscure anyways, maybe I'll try to fetch that one again... 'soon'
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:28:18 PM by trento007 »

anything