Topic: Trading with Foreign Traders  (Read 3240 times)

BlueNarwhal

« on: August 10, 2018, 04:01:51 PM »
I've recently traded a 10lb forest reeinder fur for a fine longbow and 5 fine broadhead arrows with some Foreign Traders. I'm quite new to the game, but it seems to me that fur is a lot more valuable to these traders than it is to villagers / settlements.

Assuming this is true, it would be possible to act as an intermediary / middleman between settlements and Foreign Traders by paying for high quality gear with a few furs and then trading the same gear with settlements for a larger amount of furs and / or the same amount of furs plus some other stuff.

Is this true? Has anyone tried this?

Edico

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
I think everything has a set value. Longbows for whatever reason are cheaper than some other bows even though they are superior to those other bows. Things of fine quality are valued at 1.25 normal. So a fine longbow is worth 100, reindeer fur (normal) is 200 i think, and broadhead arrows maybe 8 each,  so 48 maybe?

Foreign traders often have excellent wares however, so it is wise to save furs to trade with them. Dynamic pricing/valuations between cultures would be pretty cool, but it's not implemented at the moment.

anything