Topic: Tuntematon stew?  (Read 5640 times)

ModernNorseman

« on: June 15, 2018, 08:20:40 PM »
I've been fiddling around with some cooking recipes I've been making myself, including new ways of preparing and dealing with raw fish, and I managed to (And this is not a word I added in the cook-mod-file) create a "tuntematon" stew, which if google is correct, is Finnish for "unknown". Can anyone with knowledge of Finnish words confirm that? Found it quite funny, and obviously something in my recipe needs to be tweaked :D 

davidor

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »
can you post your recipe and the item you used?

my guess is that you used some non food ingredient and the name tag so when the game tried to name the item it got tuntematon which is very common for misc items.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 08:43:36 PM »
can you post your recipe and the item you used?

my guess is that you used some non food ingredient and the name tag so when the game tried to name the item it got tuntematon which is very common for misc items.

I figured out what it was. I had included 2 optional ingredients, that both contained different forms of fish that had the [%s fish] command to name the finished product. It only works with 1 of them, as far as I can see from it :)

jhadred

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:38:40 AM »
Fish seems to do that.  I add a number of modded recipes, just for fun and often using dried meats or fish.  I figure it's a reasonable process since dried meats and fish are often used for flavoring.

Using something like
.Dried Perch Veggie Soup.     *COOKERY* /30/  \45\  :148: 
{Dried Perch}   (2)  [remove] [boil] [name:%s soup]
{Water}  #2#   [remove] [boil]
{Milk}   #1#   [remove] [boil] [optional]
{Vegetables}   #0.25#   [remove] [boil] [optional]
{Seasoning}   #0.1#   [remove] [optional] [boil]
{Knife} '+for chopping and peeling'

Will give me the result of "Tuntematon soup"
However
.Dried Meat Soup.     *COOKERY* /30/ |1| \45\  :148: 
{Dried * cut}  (2)  [remove] [boil] [name:%s soup] 'Some meat'
{*berries} (3) [remove] [boil] [optional]
{Water}  #3#   [remove] [boil]
{Milk}   #1#   [remove] [boil] [optional]
{Vegetables}   #.25#   [remove] [boil] [optional]
{*mushroom}     #0.1#   [remove] [boil] [optional] 'Mushrooms'
{Seasoning}   #0.1#   [remove] [optional] [boil]
{Tallow}   #0.1#   [remove] [boil] [optional]
{Flour}         #0.1#       [remove] [boil] [optional]
{Knife}   '+for chopping and peeling'

Will give me the name of the meat (elk soup) for example.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 11:58:03 AM »
Yeah I'm coming to the same conclusion. Seems to happen whenever it is not raw fish used in the recipe.

jhadred

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 07:47:16 PM »
I suppose we can consider putting it into the bug forum, but we ought to look in the prior forums to see if it was brought up before putting into that forum.  I recall seeing something about it, but I don't know if it was related to non-raw fish in a fish based dish.

There seems to be something that carries the name through various processes for other items. 
Example, boiling milkweed then putting it into a soup where the vegetable has the %s tag.

Also, using the dried eat soup I posted earlier, I used a series of first using the core game's drying of meats, then subjected it to another process using two different dried meats to get the "Mixed meat" name and then put it into the soup.  It came out as "goshawk soup".