Topic: You feel unity with the waters around  (Read 5304 times)

Roheline

« on: February 10, 2018, 06:17:04 AM »
Just a note on how much I appreciate the subtlety of the magic system in this game.

My character was going about her business, doing some crafting while waiting for her injuries to heal, and the message pops up, "You feel unity with the waters around."

Looked around a bit, didn't see anything unusual, continued about her business.

The next day, stopped by a shelter (not my homesite) built by a lake and found a northern bow sitting on the shore. At first I thought I'd dropped it, but after picking it up, sure enough I have two of them now.

So did the spirit of the waters leave me a little gift? Did a woodsman lose it after spending the night at my shelter? I suppose I'll never know...

PALU

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »
Interesting. My character has felt unity with the forest multiple times (and that kind of messages always seem to appear late at night), but I haven't stumbled upon any gifts. I haven't encountered any relation with the waters either, but haven't done much fishing.

Edit:
I may have a more boring explanation for the gift, namely a bug. There's a thread in the bug section about item duplication when things are pushed out into water (or was it ice?). Sami hasn't been able to replicate it, I think. If you've been doing things of that type at that place earlier, and the bow stacks with the one you have, I'd guess that's probably that odd bug at play. However, your character probably deserves a gift...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:38:38 AM by PALU »

Shadowdweller

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 07:58:23 AM »
There's a quest that talks about...forest or water spirits (I can't remember)...sometimes leaving gifts for the spiritually favored.  But I've never personally seen such a thing happen.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 10:23:41 AM »
There's a quest that talks about...forest or water spirits (I can't remember)...sometimes leaving gifts for the spiritually favored.  But I've never personally seen such a thing happen.
I know the third spirit/being can leave a gift, but I haven't heard of either the forest or the water spirits providing gifts. In the third spirit case, the gift is directly tied to invoking it.

anything