Topic: Double Sage Bug in Bird Thief Quest  (Read 1675 times)

p1m

« on: October 09, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »
I've completed this quest with other characters in older versions of the game. Am running a new character with version 3.40 and I have an apparent bug:

* Talked to old man Pekka in the village who gives me the quest and tells me that Joukahainen the sage might help me out
* Joukahainen tells me to bring him a whole bird that I've hunted
* I catch a raven, pick up its body
* ...But when I talk to Joukahainen again, there is no dialogue prompt for "Here's that bird you wanted," or anything related to the quest! The only thing I see in [G] Greet is, [1] "How is it going?" He doesn't respond with anything quest-related.
* To make things even more confusing, there seem to be two Joukahainen the Sages in this village! They are carrying and wielding the same items. Neither one gives me a quest-related dialogue option.

Speaking to old man Pekka again gives me: "I guess the bird thief case isn't solved yet, or let me know if you've figured out something." My options are [1] "Umm... What bird thief? [2] "I'm still working to get it solved." and [3] "I'm sorry, but I can't do it.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 10:29:46 AM »
Has there been any crashes or save-scumming since you got the quest?

I've got a vague recollection that some sort of double sage issues have been reported earlier, but the sages were different persons at least. Bow I can't in the least figure out what might cause that sort of duplication...

Feel free to .zip up your savegame (in the said village) and e-mail it over to me, or put a dl-link available here.
- Sami | UnReal World creator