Topic: Suggested forum modifications  (Read 24872 times)

StefanPravda

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 08:00:10 PM »
When you answer in a thread, after posting your text you are redirecting to the root of the sub-forum, instead of the thread itself.

Erkka

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 08:24:02 PM »
I think there is a setting for that.

Let's try: From the menu bar choose 'Profile', and from the drop-down menu pick 'Forum Pofile',
then, hover the mouse over 'Modify Profile' and it opens an another drop-down menu, choose 'Look and Layout',
and there you should have a checkbox for 'Return to topics after posting by default.'

But, yeah, when I have time I'll take a look if that can be toggled on by default for new user accounts.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

StefanPravda

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 10:42:40 PM »
Sorry, found it. I thought it was a small bug, because usually forums did that to me. Cheerios

Mati256

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:29 PM »
I have noticed that you can select an avatar from a couple of galleries. Are this galleries editable? Maybe we could have some UrW related avatars. Like the pictures of the game characters, some tiles, some random Finnish stuff. I would rather have that than SciFy and Simpsons stuff like now, I'm ok with the cats tough.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 01:30:53 PM »
I have noticed that you can select an avatar from a couple of galleries. Are this galleries editable? Maybe we could have some UrW related avatars. Like the pictures of the game characters, some tiles, some random Finnish stuff. I would rather have that than SciFy and Simpsons stuff like now, I'm ok with the cats tough.

Yes, it's possible to add new avatars. We can for example open up a new avatar gallery and fill it up with anything we like.
Simple Machines is the name of the forum engine if somebody wants to go for creating and look up details of SMF avatars.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Draco18s

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 06:21:01 AM »
I think there is a setting for that.

Let's try: From the menu bar choose 'Profile', and from the drop-down menu pick 'Forum Pofile',
then, hover the mouse over 'Modify Profile' and it opens an another drop-down menu, choose 'Look and Layout',
and there you should have a checkbox for 'Return to topics after posting by default.'

But, yeah, when I have time I'll take a look if that can be toggled on by default for new user accounts.

* Draco18s returns a year later...

Yeah, that's exactly the setting I fiddled with.

Edit:
And it works this time! Woo. Success (I didn't change any settings today).