Topic: Returning already eaten food  (Read 7094 times)

Ketsuppi

« on: October 08, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »
When you take food from a village and eat it before anyone asks you to pay for it, you get it for free. When someone finally comes up to you and asks for payment, you can "return" the food by choosing the chat option "I am not able to pay. Take what is yours." while maintaining the same hunger level (so your character doesn't just vomit the food out). Villagers shouldn't accept back items that you don't actually return.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:20:37 AM by Sami »

Dogiuks

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »
Yes, it is little odd, but from my experience, if you keep doing that, your relationship with said village is going to deteriorate. It's possible to do it without anyone seeing that and dropping half eaten food. Not sure if in that case villagers are going to notice it later.

This got me an idea to try similar thing with bags of grain. But if I pour some grain into my container, container gets marked as unpaid even if I return the grain to the original bag. Changing that so you only have to pay for the grain you've taken could help starting farmers who need some seeds, but can't afford full bag of grain.

Silenia

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 11:11:20 AM »
Yes, it is little odd, but from my experience, if you keep doing that, your relationship with said village is going to deteriorate. It's possible to do it without anyone seeing that and dropping half eaten food. Not sure if in that case villagers are going to notice it later.

This got me an idea to try similar thing with bags of grain. But if I pour some grain into my container, container gets marked as unpaid even if I return the grain to the original bag. Changing that so you only have to pay for the grain you've taken could help starting farmers who need some seeds, but can't afford full bag of grain.

Most probably, what you're seeing there is the usual slight relationship-drop associated with not-actually-going-through with a trade after letting it get to the point they're demanding you to pay up; not something specific to the fact that eaten food is not actually returned.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »
Not a bug. Like noted, if you can't return what you're expected to pay the relationship with the village decreases.
There could be NPC chat message regarding the fact that item wasn't able to be returned, but serious me-eat-no-pay characters will discover how it goes anyway.

Dogiuks, fiddling with containers like that is bound the mess things up. Containers are intented to be bought in the condition and with the contents available, no pouring or making your own ratios of the product allowed in the UnReal World.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything