Topic: Villages should keep their water sources free of ice during winter  (Read 2736 times)

Matti-patti

« on: December 04, 2023, 12:27:51 PM »
It's not just matter of having to smash the ice yourself, I can almost never find the things during winter since they blend in with the snow.

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 01:46:54 PM »
This is a good suggestion, I like it!

My current workaround is that i put some branches in a little circle around the well in every village that i go to so that i can find it again later.

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 01:48:20 PM »
asking for directions from the villagers also helps somewhat, but if you're too close to it, the conversation goes like this

Villager: it's right over there, you see.
Me: No, I don't see it, it's covered in ice and snow.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 07:54:10 AM »
It doesn't really help that UrW NPC mirror neurons aren't working, so they assume that if they can see someone (or something) you can, even when your sight path is blocked by a building...

Plotinus

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 11:34:14 AM »
I think they try to do it from your perspective but they don't always succeed

Code: [Select]
+--+....
|.W|....
|..|....
+X-+....
.......@

For example the other day I was standing in the @ position and I asked X if he knew where W was, and he said that he was inside just around the corner, instead of saying he's right over there, you see.

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 11:35:41 AM »
So they don't always get it right but I guess this is how real people are, too, sometimes they think you know the things they know and make a mistake, sometimes they realise that you don't know the same things and accomodate you.

Plotinus

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 11:37:24 AM »
Also, when they say the water is 25 meters to the northeast, they mean that starting from where you're currently standing, you should walk 25 steps northeast and then either your X coordinate will be right, or your Y coordinate will be right.

So they correctly get it from your perspective not from their perpsective in that situation.

anything