UnReal World > Solved'n'fixed bug reports

[Fixed - 3.82] Villagers accept ridiculous num of same items if traded in one go

(1/2) > >>

Senthe:
If you sell villagers too many boards, loop snares, or pretty much too much of anything, they stop accepting this item in trades and say "no thanks, we don't need more X".

However they don't consider this limit at all if this is the first trade done using this material. So it's possible to e.g. gather 300 boards, take all tradeable items from the entire village, and trade them all for those 300 boards in one huge barter. Afterwards they will of course not accept boards in any future barters, but this first massive barter will always go through.

I believe this is an unintended exploit, and it would be more reasonable if even in the first trade villagers already enforced some limits like "we don't need this many X, we can accept 20 of them for this trade, but the rest of this trade you must pay in some other items".

paulkorotoon:
This exploit is present at least for a couple years. I believe it doesn't need to be fixed in any way, as it would take away legit options like trading roasted meat of the very first caught animal for something else.

I guess it takes zero effort just not to use it for flooding settlements with boards/loop snares/etc.

Senthe:

--- Quote from: paulkorotoon on November 28, 2023, 06:21:15 PM ---I guess it takes zero effort just not to use it for flooding settlements with boards/loop snares/etc.

--- End quote ---

That's the nature of all exploits, they take "zero effort just not to use" them. There are still plenty of valid reasons why many people prefer exploits to get patched, even in single-player games where there is no competitive aspect to it.

Anna:
I think it is fair if players experiment with how much they can "push" the game...what they can get away with. Rewarding experimentation is good game design imo.

Also consider that some people may get bad luck with their starting items and using boards/loops trading is needed to just get the basic things needed to survive (say punt and net for fisherman or shovel/sickle for farmers).

Sami:
Trading hundreds of boards at one go isn't often plausible because since they are too much of a burden to carry around, but nevertheless the said exploit exists.
This is fixed now, so that the villagers will check the necessity of offered items also during the first trade.

Fixed - persists in 3.82.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version