Topic: What is the hunting horn for use?  (Read 6091 times)

Ezhe

« on: October 20, 2023, 05:50:55 PM »
I recently captured a hunting horn from a Nejerpzit warrior and honestly I've never saw it before even after hundreds of gameplay hours.

When I use that hunting horn, it gives the text: you produce a fancy sound.

So, what does it mean? You use it to attract aniamls or call yoru dogs in combat or what?

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 08:28:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure it does nothing at all.

It may have had a use in a much earlier version of the game.

Galgana

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 06:34:40 PM »
If you have unleashed dogs outside of [!] command range, activating the horn is supposed to call them to your location.

Evuul

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 06:52:45 PM »
If you have unleashed dogs outside of [!] command range, activating the horn is supposed to call them to your location.

Is this confirmed in 3.82?

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 02:54:59 AM »

version: 2.08
released: Jul-31-1995

- added new items (sold by Hideworkers):

- Hunting horn

------------------------------------------
Jun 24, 2005#1
 "intrigued by that story some people tell about a "magic hunting horn" that caused an elk to come right to a hunter who used it before going to sleep."

---------

AFAIK it's main purpose is legend.

Though I heard it was a "White Elk" that it once called ;D
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Galgana

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 09:12:09 PM »

Is this confirmed in 3.82?
Maybe it's merely placebo effect :P
In some cases with unleashed dogs, players have reported that hanging around the same local zoom-in map where a dog went missing eventually resulted in being reunited with their lost pet.

Without the use of a hunting horn we may attribute this to a dog's pathing AI, which likely includes instructions to home in on the player character's location once it decides to abort chasing after a target.

anything