Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.81] 3.80 Punt quest very messy  (Read 6240 times)

cookie

« on: June 19, 2023, 03:16:26 AM »
I just ran into two very weird bugs with the punt quest.

I successfully cut down a tree while it was raining and carved it into the log but:

1) When I brought it to the punt-maker's village, I left it in the yard and walked over to him... then he said that it wasn't the right log. Then I dragged the log closer to him, stood on top of it, and asked again... then he said it was the right log.

2) I waited the appropriate amount of time and came over to check... I saw that the punt was on the ground. I asked him how the punt was coming along and he said that something came up, so he couldn't finish it. But he clearly had because it was sitting right there.

So I picked it up, after which I couldn't talk to him about punts anymore. Then i went back to the original quest-giver, gave him the punt... and everything was fine!

Great quest as always but very janky in the execution.

Random suggestion: it would be really really nice if we could ask the punt-maker to make a punt for the PC - as with blacksmiths.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 12:00:46 PM by Sami »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 06:18:27 AM »
I've once had the punt maker say something in lines of: "it'll be done by late morning". Late morning came, spoke to him, he said the same. Not that it'd be done shortly etc. I think that character crafted something to pass time, might've been noon. Spoke to punt maker: "late morning". And did same, picked up the punt, took to the old fisherman, complete quest.

For those who want punt crafting, add in corresponding SUBMENUs in diy_glossary.txt:
do not replace any section within the file. And leave one empty row below and above recipes and sub menu identifiers.
Code: [Select]
SUBMENU_START:lumber]

.Hollowed log. "Log" [effort:3] [phys:arms,one-armed] *TIMBERCRAFT* /6h/ |2| [assist:2] [noquality]
{Log} '+to be hollowed' [remove]
{Fire} '+for burning the hollow'
{Axe} <Carving axe> '+for cleaning charred wood'
[WEIGHT:60]

[SUBMENU_END:lumber]

[SUBMENU_START:transport]

.Punt. [effort:2] [phys:hands,one-armed] *CARPENTRY* /300/ %50% |1|
{Hollowed log} [ground] [remove] +'Hollowed log to shape'
{Axe} <Handaxe>
{* fat*} #1# +'fat for treating' [remove] [noquality]
{Fire} '+for heating the fat'

[SUBMENU_END:transport]

cookie

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 05:58:25 AM »
I've once had the punt maker say something in lines of: "it'll be done by late morning". Late morning came, spoke to him, he said the same. Not that it'd be done shortly etc. I think that character crafted something to pass time, might've been noon. Spoke to punt maker: "late morning". And did same, picked up the punt, took to the old fisherman, complete quest.

For those who want punt crafting, add in corresponding SUBMENUs in diy_glossary.txt:
do not replace any section within the file. And leave one empty row below and above recipes and sub menu identifiers.
Code: [Select]
SUBMENU_START:lumber]

.Hollowed log. "Log" [effort:3] [phys:arms,one-armed] *TIMBERCRAFT* /6h/ |2| [assist:2] [noquality]
{Log} '+to be hollowed' [remove]
{Fire} '+for burning the hollow'
{Axe} <Carving axe> '+for cleaning charred wood'
[WEIGHT:60]

[SUBMENU_END:lumber]

[SUBMENU_START:transport]

.Punt. [effort:2] [phys:hands,one-armed] *CARPENTRY* /300/ %50% |1|
{Hollowed log} [ground] [remove] +'Hollowed log to shape'
{Axe} <Handaxe>
{* fat*} #1# +'fat for treating' [remove] [noquality]
{Fire} '+for heating the fat'

[SUBMENU_END:transport]

I got the "Something came up" result at one point when I asked a smith to make a masterwork small knife, so I asked him to make another. Then later I looked through the village stores and found a masterwork small knife just sitting in one of the houses.

So if anyone else runs into "Something came up" - search the village and you'll probably find the thing you're looking for.

Pyry

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 12:50:24 AM »
Ran into an issue with this quest as well. Waited the right amount of time for the punt to be finished, but the craftsman returned the dialogue blacksmiths do once too much time has passed.

I picked up the punt and turned it in and the quest was completed, but still incurred a reputation penalty (as the dialogue with the villagers changed to reflect a lower one).

Here is a link to the character folder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D54Na7cNXhXBa4Gp2OTyMQ1MxzsL64jM/view?usp=drive_link

Plotinus

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 03:04:27 PM »
I experienced this too

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 12:00:28 PM »
Should be fixed now. The blacksmith related item completion code had gotten tangled with the quest related item completion code.

Fixed - persists in 3.81.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything