Topic: [Outdated] [3.80] Community Mod BAC  (Read 14816 times)

Brygun

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2023, 11:31:34 PM »
Recipes were redone (in a more complicated fashion) in order to get around the hard-coded limitation on clothing quality.
I really want to just remove that cap in vanilla. Is there a way to do that?

Material is hardcoded to pass through quality unless [noquality] tag is used. So Harsh hides lead to inferior leather cords.

If you [noquality] on all the affecting materials and give a high skill boost you get a chance to up it. Thats how the "refine iron billet" recipe works.

Bert Preast

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2023, 08:25:32 PM »
%^}~£$ing Steam updated me to 3.80 without even #&{!ing asking me!  >:(

I take it this means my pile of 30 perfect and over 100 fine arrow shafts are now only useful as firewood? 

On a more serious note, has anyone sorted out the bug making helmets?  I have made an iron spectacle helm and an ordinary iron helm in 3.72, and both only provided the protection of the leather used.  They were quite labour intensive, and turned out to be quite useless.  The iron codpiece has the same problem, the protection it provides is less than some linen undercrackers.  Coudes and kneecops seem to work fine, though. 

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2023, 04:56:52 AM »
I think Brygun removed leather from the recipes.
If you lost mod item arrow shafts and want to get them replaced in 3.80, the recipe to get X shafts to cover the losses isn't to tricky to conjure.
Adjust Fine %50% so its 69 when added to your Carpentry skill. Add it in suitable diy_something.txt, save, run the recipes ingame, remove the recipes, save.

Code: [Select]

[SUBMENU_START:arrow]

.Perfect Arrow shaft. (30) [effort:0] [phys:hands]  *CARPENTRY*   %95% |-2| /1/
{Board}  (2)  [remove] [noquality] [ground] [name:Arrow shaft]

.Fine Arrow shaft.  (100) [effort:0] [phys:hands]  *CARPENTRY*   %50% |-2| /1/
{Board}  (5)  [remove] [noquality] [ground] [name:Arrow shaft]

[SUBMENU_END:arrow]

« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 05:00:41 AM by JP_Finn »

Bert Preast

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2023, 05:37:06 PM »
Leather is still needed for the iron helm and spectacle helm recipes, so I suspect any helm I make will be useless again  :'(

I am trying to make a punt out of birch bark, but when at the first step (braced hull), I cannot continue as it will not accept wooden stakes as applicable timber.  Could be connected to the 3.80 changes to types of timber?  I have tried with stakes I made while still on 3.72, and when they didn't work I made some more stakes in 3.80, but they were still not recognised.  I tried with stakes on the ground, and in my inventory.

I decided to try for a clinker-built punt instead, but this time it is the short quarter-log that the recipe won't recognise.

Is there a way to make an iron fish-hook, does anyone know?

Also I have tried to dehaft a handaxe, hoping I could put a better haft on it.  When I try, it tells me that "Handaxe doesn't work as * axe to be disassembled". 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 06:48:38 PM by Bert Preast »

Brygun

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2023, 03:58:57 AM »
Ah... yeah...

Leather was removed as the naming system was grabbing the leather source material and adding it to the  helmet name.

So you got a...

Goldeneye Spectacle Helm

or

Badger Iron Helm

Which I mean can sound hillarious but not what was intended

Brygun

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2023, 04:01:54 AM »
In other news...

If you ever loose the use of critical items due to an update you can just change the recipe to require you holding a rock and take 1m of time. Ive done that a few times.

normal recipe:

.Spiffy item. /2h/ (etc)
{leather} #1# (gets used up)
{board} (gets used up)
etc

to

.Spiffy item. /1/
// /2h/ (etc)
{Rock}
//{leather} #1# (gets used up)
//{board} (gets used up)

The // is the comment marker in the unreal language. So after getting the item restored to useable you can delete them. remove the hold a rock line and restore the initial line with the normal time

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2023, 05:23:13 PM »
Code: [Select]
.Birch-bark strip. "Birch-bark strip" [phys:hands,one-armed]   *HIDEWORKING* /15m/ |-2| [assist:1] [patch:10]
{*Birch-bark*}   #0.5# [remove][patchwise] '+source like a roll'
{Knife}
[LENGTH:75]
[WEIGHT:0.4]
[MATERIAL:birch-bark]
[TYPE:timber]
That yields twice as much birch bark strip as vanilla does. 72 feet of vanilla bb strip weights almost 1lb, you can use that 72' ball to make 143feet with this recipe. And the strip is usable as BB strip for vanilla recipes. I suggest: double the needed BB source weight, add preferred tool as <Small knife>, keep the rest the same.

Vitowns

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2023, 09:44:35 PM »
Im progressing good in my game got a house and started at summer, nearly falls... Do i need to start over if i instal this mod? Thanks in advance

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2023, 09:55:27 PM »
Installing a mod is very flexible. You can continue your existing characters perfectly. And if you later remove the mod, any modded items will remain (graphics for them might disappear). And you can still keep playing the same characters.

There are mods that add a lot of plants and with well traveled characters won’t get properly utilized, in which case it would be best to start a new character.

Vitowns

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2023, 10:24:31 PM »
Installing a mod is very flexible. You can continue your existing characters perfectly. And if you later remove the mod, any modded items will remain (graphics for them might disappear). And you can still keep playing the same characters.

There are mods that add a lot of plants and with well traveled characters won’t get properly utilized, in which case it would be best to start a new character.
Ty kindly sir so i guess i could grab BAC mod for my existing game, also i love collecting plants and mushrooms lol

Vitowns

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2023, 11:45:32 PM »
I got an issue with BAC mod i can't make wooden bowls anymore?

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2023, 12:01:54 AM »
BAC moves bowls from Utility to Carpentry, check under that.

Vitowns

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2023, 12:23:08 AM »
BAC moves bowls from Utility to Carpentry, check under that.

Oooh lol ty so much :)

c00de

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2023, 04:03:54 PM »
Hey guys so I'm playing around with this on 3.81 and made me a perfect iron arrowhead. Also made a 'masterwork' broadhead arrowhead. When I try to make a regular arrow I can only select the broadhead arrowhead for it. Guess this is some problem to do with vanilla arrowmaking as the iron arrowheads end up under tools in my inventory and the broadhead arrowheads show up under weapons? Any way I could fix this myself? If not I guess it's time to find some traders again. Btw long time player here and I have to say wesome work on this mod guys! Cheers
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 04:33:29 PM by c00de »

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2023, 04:53:59 PM »
If the arrowhead/broadhead shows under ‘tools’ and is given quality as ‘perfect’ not masterwork, then it’s from mod and as such the vanilla fletching (arrow crafting) doesn’t know to look for it.
I guess writing a recipe to take {iron broadhead} and output .broadhead. with heavily skill boosted, but quality restricted, could be the cure to make them usable.
If no one else steps up, I might do that later today/tomorrow. Just got back home to California from trip to Finland. Tired. Medieval fair was fun.

anything