Topic: Quest Reward  (Read 3467 times)

GrimmSpector

« on: June 05, 2023, 01:49:30 AM »
Warning, answers may include spoilers.

I have a quest that tells me a location to dig up treasure, it tells me it's on a small spruce mire island, pretty thick terrain, and that it's buried between 3 rocks. Two questions.

How small is small, is it only 1 tile islands? 2? 4?

And secondly, the rocks, can they be in any configuration where they commonly meet a tile? Can they be at any distance? Or is there some maximum distance between them? Scouring the forest is going to be tough, and of course I have to wait for spring to dig :-\

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 06:45:39 AM »
  The island is 1 tile.

The rocks are in prefixed spacing:
Code: [Select]
  R
 RXR

X … marks the spot :P

GrimmSpector

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 04:19:51 PM »
  The island is 1 tile.

The rocks are in prefixed spacing:
Code: [Select]
  R
 RXR

X … marks the spot :P

Ok, so it's way more simple than I thought, that's manageable, thanks! I was finding rocks like:

R
XXXXR
XXX
XXR

And was like ... I'm gonna have to check allllll those tiles ... and there's more rocks like that and similar alllll over this island. lol

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 05:33:13 PM »
When an NPC has a quest, and the reward is treasure (cave, gully, buried) it gets generated on the same time. Even if you don’t accept the quest, the reward will be somewhere in the game world.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 06:31:33 PM »
When an NPC has a quest, and the reward is treasure (cave, gully, buried) it gets generated on the same time. Even if you don’t accept the quest, the reward will be somewhere in the game world.

Neat!

anything