Topic: Containers need an Unpack command  (Read 7854 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2023, 06:39:33 PM »
I agree. There should be such a command. You buy a basket of seeds for bird-trap baiting but it turns out to be that you can't do that because you can't seperate seeds from a container of them. It's against the common sense.

This is generic seed bait recipe: takes 0.25 lbs of any seeds (as recognized by the game engine), assigns them as "Rye" Crafting engine doesn't recognize the Rye as a plant, so no threshing the bait. And produces 10 seed baits each weighing 0.4oz

Graphic credit goes to Enormous Elk, it's 1:1 copy of sorrel seeds.

Place this in any suitable diy_xyz.txt file
Code: [Select]
.Seed bait. (10) "Rye" [effort:0] [phys:hands] *COMMON* /1/ |-2| [noquality]
{Seeds} #0.25# [remove] [name:%s bait]
[WEIGHT:0.025]
[TYPE:food]
[PRICE:0.001]
[SPOILAGE_DAYS:0]
[tilegfx:jp_seed]

And save the attached graphic in \truetile\ folder

Edited the recipe to use Rye as baseitem.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 02:27:10 AM by JP_Finn »

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2023, 02:08:31 AM »
It seems that no bird or mammal wants to eat the seed bait/yarrow. I need to test this f I can use berries instead of yarrow as the base item.

Privateer

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2023, 07:06:10 PM »
It seems that no bird or mammal wants to eat the seed bait/yarrow. I need to test this f I can use berries instead of yarrow as the base item.

Bears used to eat/harvest honey from bee hives (previously) where the honey was created as a 'berry'.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2023, 02:24:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Honey from your Mead mod is actual (modded) flora and not e.g. "Blueberry".

It'd also seem that berries are, what Sami calls "created on the fly", and not actual base items. If I try:
.Seed bait. (10) "Blueberry" ... the recipe doesn't pass the parsing and will not be displayed. Neither does "blueberry" nor "Crowberry" work.
Oddly enough, "Rye" works, and why I say odd, the game does not let you thresh them. I had the belief that modded item acts as it's own named item and as the base item. The modded seed bait doesn't count as flour or seeds either.
Rye is not a plant, seed or flour  :o

Now to see if any critter will actually eat the seed bait.

Galgana

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2023, 07:43:30 AM »
It'd also seem that berries are, what Sami calls "created on the fly", and not actual base items. If I try:
.Seed bait. (10) "Blueberry" ... the recipe doesn't pass the parsing and will not be displayed. Neither does "blueberry" nor "Crowberry" work.

In general, the object name of raw products from flora will use the plural form of [NAME] specified in the flora_.TXT file (except mushrooms and roots, which follow product naming rules for a singular object).

In this case, you'll want your recipe header to have
.Seed bait. (10) "blueberries"
Oddly enough, "Rye" works, and why I say odd, the game does not let you thresh them. I had the belief that modded item acts as it's own named item and as the base item. The modded seed bait doesn't count as flour or seeds either.
.Seed bait. (10) "Rye"

The threshing action is only valid for objects with [TYPE:plant]. Maybe you forgot the recipe changes inventory category :P

The distinction between [TYPE:plant] vs [TYPE:food] also will need to be observed with any "xyz mushroom" DIY since the plant and product names are the same in flora_mushroom.txt

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2023, 07:34:11 PM »

In general, the object name of raw products from flora will use the plural form of [NAME] specified in the flora_.TXT file (except mushrooms and roots, which follow product naming rules for a singular object).

In this case, you'll want your recipe header to have
.Seed bait. (10) "blueberries"
.Seed bait. (10) "Rye"

The threshing action is only valid for objects with [TYPE:plant]. Maybe you forgot the recipe changes inventory category :P

The distinction between [TYPE:plant] vs [TYPE:food] also will need to be observed with any "xyz mushroom" DIY since the plant and product names are the same in flora_mushroom.txt

Honestly, I've never really modded plants, this is actually all new information to me! Thank you  :D

(I assumed that the baseitem would be what the [NAME:] is in the vanilla files. That is now established not to be true)

Now to see if any critters will take the bait. I double baited several traps; meat or fat and seed bait. Berries and seed bait, turnip and seed bait. So far only caught a hare, which only ate the turnip.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2023, 09:56:33 PM »
Ok, Seed bait with baseitem as Rye seems to be working as bait. Both black grouse and willow grouse take the bait.

anything