UnReal World > General Discussion

Video Ambiance Companion for UrW -- Swedish Elk/Moose Migration

(1/1)

Fiatil:
So this is a bit silly, but I wanted to post in case anyone else enjoyed this as much as I do.

I love UnReal World of course -- it's great and makes you feel like you're really there.      A couple of years ago, I randomly stumbled upon a Swedish public access stream on twitch -- a stream of their yearly Elk/moose migration across a river in Spring.

If you have a second monitor, it is the perfect pairing for a session of UnReal World.    It's very relaxed and slow paced -- it's a bunch of cameras set up 24/7 during the season -- so you get a lot of laid back time with just Swedish nature noises and wildlife, in addition to quite a few nice Elk sightings as well.

It's obviously Sweden and not Finland, but there are scenes that coincidentally wound up as a more or less 1:1 construction of what I was doing in UrW at a time.   A video of a pine mire filled with grouse with the ambient noise combined with actually hunting grouse in a pine mire in UnReal world just feels really good.

Luckily they record these sessions and upload them on their website -- link to one of the videos below:

https://www.svtplay.se/video/jm3p9NY/den-stora-algvandringen/ons-11-maj-00-00?id=jm3p9NY&position=20913

(I can't hyper link as this is a new account -- I hope it's okay to include this here!  just paste that in and you're off to the Swedish wilderness)

They have well over a hundred hours of this stuff, and it's perfect to set the mood for this game.

post edited by a mod (ineedcords): just fixed the hyperlink, as it is legit.

Sami:
This is actually something they show also on national tv in Finland.  Suuri Hirvivaellus (in finnish), translates as "the great elk migration".
Been watching it at times, and such a nice idea to accompany it with playing the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version