UnReal World > Modding

Hex editing stats

(1/2) > >>

songangel:
Hi everyone, I haven't played for a few years but getting into the game again.  I noticed that when trying to edit my skills/stats following the exploits page on the wiki, the edits I made work but I am instantly starving, bleeding out, and basically dead when I log back in.  Does this not work anymore or am I doing something wrong?

rudy:
I'm not sure what exploit you are talking about specifically, but I'll attach a functioning CheatEngine file for version 3.72b of the game (probably works for 3.72 stable as well) that I have been using.

songangel:
I am referring to editing your NAME.URS file with a hex editor to modify stats and skills.  I am a Linux user so cheat engine is not an option for me.  I am using v3.63 and the link to the exploit is https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Exploits#Hex_Editing_Your_Stats

Night:

--- Quote from: songangel on December 11, 2022, 08:59:42 PM ---I am referring to editing your NAME.URS file with a hex editor to modify stats and skills.  I am a Linux user so cheat engine is not an option for me.  I am using v3.63 and the link to the exploit is https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Exploits#Hex_Editing_Your_Stats

--- End quote ---

All of the addresses you'll find publicly available are windows based.

Frostbit had luck with finding addresses on linux awhile back by using WINE and cheat engine together; although I'm not sure what kind of setup was involved.

I can send you that file if its still available, its for version 3.70b though.

songangel:
Thanks for the reply but I am not referring to the memory addresses of a running process.  The file I mentioned is the save game file for a my character and the offsets in the file will not change between Linux and Windows systems as it is a binary file.  Also, the test edit that I made to a skill worked and I was able to verify it by looking at the skills window while I was dying after reloading the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version