Topic: Clothing Quality Limit?  (Read 2193 times)

rudy

« on: December 06, 2022, 08:42:36 PM »
Is it supposed to be impossible to craft clothing items of higher qualities than decent? This seems to apply both to be the vanilla fur and leather things you can create, and any modded armor or clothing of any kind.

I'm-Not-An-Idiot-Check: There are no [noquality] tags in sight.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 09:15:41 PM »
 I recall this being a thing but a fast search of news turned up nothing. That high quality items are only available via trade. Could be wrong..
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

rudy

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 11:32:50 PM »
Good news is, I figured out a (somewhat obnoxious) way around this.

Using a base item that is not a clothing item (e.g. the classic hunting horn) allows it to achieve higher qualities of output. Then, using TYPE, ARMOUR_COVERAGE, ARMOUR_MATERIAL, MATERIAL, WEIGHT and PRICE to redefine the item from the ground up.

It works, though will take some time to essentially "remake" all of the items in this way.

I don't think this will work for furs, though, because ARMOUR_MATERIAL does not have (e.g.) "bear fur" as an option. Just the generic "fur".

Tinker

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 10:02:09 AM »
It may not apply to furs, I just made 3 items from two winter bear furs and a bull elk fur, all the items were fine furs and I made fine clothes, my skill was fairly average though I made sure I was well fed and rested before starting and I was not encumbered. I have never made masterwork fur clothes though, mainly, I think, because I do not live long enough to get my skills high enough.

rudy

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 03:22:36 PM »
I will do some more testing on furs this evening, then. Thanks for the heads up!

rudy

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 11:52:18 PM »
It may not apply to furs, I just made 3 items from two winter bear furs and a bull elk fur, all the items were fine furs and I made fine clothes, my skill was fairly average though I made sure I was well fed and rested before starting and I was not encumbered. I have never made masterwork fur clothes though, mainly, I think, because I do not live long enough to get my skills high enough.
I cannot replicate this. Could you specify which fur items you made, if possible?

EDIT: And could you confirm the version of the game you're using? I'm assuming 3.72b, but may be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 03:05:13 AM by rudy »

Tinker

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 10:29:16 AM »
Using 3.72b.

I had a fine elk skin and two fine winter bear skins, I was surprised I worked them into fine furs as my skill then was about 50. I know I made a fine winter bear fur overcoat and a fine Elk fur cloak. the other item I am not sure about but it was also fine, I can check what is was later.

Obviously all the steps from killing through cleaning to tanning had to work perfect to get fine skins and fine furs and the clothes making had to be good to not drop the quality at the last step. I had assumed that the fur clothes would use the huideworking skill, but I just checked the overcoat and the cloak use common skill which would make it less likely to get fine items.

anything