UnReal World > Solved'n'fixed bug reports

Forum having issues?

(1/3) > >>

Privateer:
 Https problem on the forum

ineedcords:

--- Quote from: Privateer on July 12, 2022, 04:23:02 AM --- Https problem on the forum

--- End quote ---
Yes, looks like there is a certificate name mismatch issue at the moment.

Erkka:
I think I noticed this at some point, too. But now it seems to be gone. Anyone else still experiencing this?

trowftd:
It says the connection is not secure, I think it was always like that not sure though, but the error page is not shown anymore.

ineedcords:

--- Quote from: Erkka on July 12, 2022, 02:33:56 PM ---I think I noticed this at some point, too. But now it seems to be gone. Anyone else still experiencing this?

--- End quote ---
When I checked earlier and also just now (as per assessment timestamps below), in both cases, the issue is present and identical: it appears the security certificate that is being presented by the web server does not match the website the browser is trying to display.
* Assessed on:  Tue, 12 Jul 2022 03:53:10 UTC
* Assessed on:  Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:00:31 UTC

The certificate we see is:  "Common names=cluster015.hosting.ovh.net | Alternative names=cluster015.hosting.ovh.net"
The website we are on is of course unrealworld.fi.
These obviously do not match which generate the mismatch warning in browsers.

To verify, one can check this using local software but a top-grade convenient online alternative is the Qualys SSL Labs online checker free utility which is accessible here: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html
This test takes about 5 minutes as it is a pretty extensive tool checking a million things.

Assuming no changes have been done on the UnrealWorld hosting account, then it must be a service provider level issue that is causing this incorrect certificate presentation.
This typically occurs when web and/or reverse proxy service configuration is changed either due to a crash (and thus reverting to older config) or an incorrect scale out for a scale-out setup.
Judging from the certificate that is being presented my suggestion would be logging a support ticket with OVH Support and asking them to investigate this on their end - I am sure they will pinpoint this in less than 15 minutes as it is a common recurring issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version